Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco tell teammates on sideline to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. if he breaks it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Joe Flacco tell teammates on sideline to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. if he breaks it

I really can't tell if he's serious. He sounds serious at parts, then at the end sounds like he's joking to me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...ackle-Ted-Ginn
    Last edited by El Angel; 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM.

Interesting scenario. What would happen if somebody on the sideline did, 15 yard penalty? A 15 yard penalty to save a touchdown, f'n a right.

Brb, sidelines are no longer safe.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      Interesting scenario. What would happen if somebody on the sideline did, 15 yard penalty? A 15 yard penalty to save a touchdown, f'n a right.

Brb, sidelines are no longer safe.
      I don't know the rule, but I'd give the team the TD. If they don't at least give the team 4 downs from the 1 yard line, there wouldn't be much of a penalty.

I almost want to look this up now.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't know the rule, but I'd give the team the TD. If they don't at least give the team 4 downs from the 1 yard line, there wouldn't be much of a penalty.

I almost want to look this up now.
        Lmao, a crazy scenario. How do they know for sure if they would have scored. Its like when somebody recovers a fumble and returns it, but they have to come back because a dumbass ref blew his whistle.

Inb4 the entire sideline empties out onto the field to save a game winning touchdown.

Comment

I believe ESPN reported it would be a TD if someone from the sidelines stopped Ginn Jr., so it wouldn't have done any good.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            I believe ESPN reported it would be a TD if someone from the sidelines stopped Ginn Jr., so it wouldn't have done any good.
            What if a water cooler accidantly tripped him up?

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              What if a water cooler accidantly tripped him up?
              Water cooler wins the game.

Comment

Comment

What happens when something obviously unfair yet not specifically covered by the rules happens during a football game?

The palpably unfair act rule gives the referee full discretion to decide what should happen when such events occur, up to and including awarding one team a score.

The following is a survey of the NFL rules pertaining to palpably unfair acts, and the occasions when they might have (or in the case of two college games, have) been called.

(Note: to my knowledge, there has never been a ruling of a palpably unfair act in the NFL. The NCAA rules are similar enough that college games are included below.)

Rule 5-2-8-c: Penalties for illegal substitution or withdrawal … for interference with the play by a substitute who enters the field during a live ball: Palpably unfair act (see 12-3-3)

Rule 11-2-1-e: A touchdown is scored when … the Referee awards a touchdown to a team that has been denied one by a palpably unfair act.

Rule 12-3-3: A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee could award a score.

Comment

another contrived media created non controversy.

Comment

Working...
                    X