Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao vs Mayweather really THE FIGHT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquiao vs Mayweather really THE FIGHT?

Let me give my opinion and view of this current fantasy fight.

As we all know Pacquiao vs Mayweather, Mayweather vs Pacquiao is the fight EVERYONE wants to see. But is the fight really going to be good to watch to the general public? The fight has huge buzz sorta like De La Hoya vs Mayweather.

But will the fight really deliver?

Is this REALLY the fight everyone wants to see?

Ok sure both guys have been the best in the last couple years and everyone wants to see whos the better of the two, Mayweather or Pacquiao?

In my opinion i think this fight will be a huge let down and its going to leave a bitter taste in everyones mouth.

In my view i see Mayweather winning this fight(no im not a ***** i dont even like the guy)

why? Lets be serious now, Do you really think Mayweather is going to make this exciting? Hes going to be pot shotting and running the whole fight, yeah Pacquiao has an explosive arsenal but Pacquiao hasnt fought anyone with really good footwork, most his oponents either have no footwork, or very little lets look at Pacs recent 140 fights..(Hatton, Clottey, The Quitter, Tony, De La Hoya) none of these guys can move or even move at all which is why hes looked very explosive.

Now you say, But Pacquiao will not stop throwing he can go for a good 15 rounds, wrong. He will not be throwing a lot due to Mayweather long reach, yes pacquiao will throw but not as much as normal because he will be constintly moving chasing mayweather down. And yes Mayweather has a nice amount of reach over Pacquiao. Mayweather will be jabbing A LOT and running in looks of counter punching opportunitys.

Now say you say, but Mosley landed a bomb on Mayweather recently and could of easily took out Mayweather but he stopped, Pacquiao wont stop!

Right, but Mosley also has more power, is bigger and is either the same length of arms as Floyd or a lil longer. Also i must admit when Mayweather gets hurt he knows how to defend himself, even if it means grabbing his oponents arm and hugging it face down in hopes for the ref to seperate them.

I honestly see Mayweather beating Pacquiao by a UD, it will be a 8-10 round victory for him in which will be a boring match that will not meet the true expectations of "The fight that will save boxing"

If anything this fight will kill boxing it will be another spear thrown through the dying heart of the sport.

In other words this fight will be **** noone is gunna like it nor is it gunna be memorable except to the *****s who will think such a horrible match is great only because floyd won and they think the *******s got owned, but in all reality the sport is the one getting owned.

This fight will leave casual fans with like "Wow...all this hype for boxings biggest match and this is it?"

It will be De La Hoya vs Mayweather all over again and make casual fans want to kill themselves by round 6 and stay away from boxing.

discuss.

I don't care what "casual" fans think about this fight, I want to see it happen, and I think that the two guys have styles that will end up with an interesting fight.

Mayweather will be tactical and Manny will try and just swing for the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
      I don't care what "casual" fans think about this fight, I want to see it happen, and I think that the two guys having styles that will end up with an intersting fight.

Mayweather will be tactical and Manny will try and just swing for the fences.
      Thats the problem, on paper the fight looks great to everyone and it WILL make large sums of money no doubt but i just dont think the fight will even come close to the hype its been creating. I know its going to be a dull fight and even the real boxing fans will be disappointed.

Comment

this fight is gonna be great

Comment

It doesn't matter, its just too intriguing and exciting for it to be boring. I believe there will be big moments in the fight, people would just be relieved to find out the winner and stop arguing about who would win. The fight will be great imo, I believe Floyd will stand toe to toe to impose his bigger size and like he's got something to prove like the Mosley fight, I don't see how he can fight like he did with Oscar and win a decision. Real boxing fans will not be disappointed, it doesn't need to be action packed to make boxing fans satisfied.
          Last edited by Phil Ivey; 11-18-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I know not every fight has to be a war for it to be exciting but I think Mayweather will really make the fight boring and do exactly what he did with Oscar, the guy isn't gunna try to show off his size he's gunna come in and do the easy thing to get the victory and trash talk afterwards saying I proved all of you wrong and now you all are still not satisfied.

Not only that but I wonder what's after Pacquiao vs Mayweather in PPV terms? I know we got a bunch of beast young guys but boxing is a business and needs to be on the scene on sports sections, news, and overall have some kind of attention

Comment

Wow....pacquiao vs mosley or berto.....I've bought pacquiaos last 6 or 7 fights but if he really goes down that road I refuse to buy his next PPV.

Comment

Working...
              X