No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Mosley Grabs at Least 1.2 Million PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Mosley Grabs at Least 1.2 Million PPV Buys

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum advised the New York Times that last Saturday's fight between Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley, based on early projections, generated at least 1.2 million purchases on pay-per-view. Arum would not be surprised if the number exceeds into the realm of 1.4 or 1.5 million. The exact buyrate figure should be received by the end of the week, Arum told the paper. Pacquiao won a twelve round decision over Mosley at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

good numbers considering it wasn't hbo ppv.

Comment

Top Rank stay winning.

HBO and GBP are mad cuz they didn't even do 50k PPVs last time lmao. How Pathetic.

And Ross Greenberg looks like a ****ing moron right now who should be fired.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Top Rank stay winning.

HBO and GBP are mad cuz they didn't even do 50k PPVs last time lmao. How Pathetic.

And Ross Greenberg looks like a ****ing moron right now who should be fired.
          You really are that one-dimensional as a fan that you actually cheer for promotional companies...that just makes me feel sad for the sport.

Comment

1.3 PPV buys is damn good considering Mosley is way past his prime. Good numbers for our sport.

Comment

I actually wished it was lower. Really embarrassing fight. I guess this means Manny stays on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlebred View Post
                You really are that one-dimensional as a fan that you actually cheer for promotional companies...that just makes me feel sad for the sport.
                I'm cheering for Pac. Pac just became the only fighter to sell over a million in a single fight for 4 years in a row. He deserves every bit of success he gets. And the more numbers it sells the better it is for our sport as a whole. And the UFC had a fight that night also and the Heat Celtics were playing. And don't forget about Lady Gaga. Boxing needs to be back on national TV and Pac and Top Rank is leading the way. Unless your just a hater who doesn't care about the sport.

HBO was talkin **** about not wanting any more Pac fights and they have too much influence who fighters should face. e.g. They didn't want Martinez to fight his last 2 mandatories like a lil b*tch.

And GBP claims there a top promoter and they tried to defame Pac without a single shred of evidence yet they have only sold 50k PPVS this year?

Don't talk **** cuz when the numbers come you look like a ****ing moron.

Comment

If the final number is above 1 mil, Pacquiao becomes the first fighter in PPV history to record 4 consecutive years of at least 1 mil buys (He was tied with Tyson).

Comment

u would think it did more with the CBS promotion.

Comment

Working...
                    X