Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop being fickle boxing fans....writing people off after losses....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop being fickle boxing fans....writing people off after losses....

I understand the nature of the KO Chad Dawson took....

That doesn't mean he's completely done as some of you people seem to think....

There are plenty of boxers who've come back from multiple losses and/or KOs to still be at a top level and win championships....

SMH....it's not everyone...but a good number of you....

its not just one loss with Dawson. he has no more love for the game

Comment

He isn't the Dawson of 2010, he is a shell of that fighter. Does that mean he is done? Maybe not but if that version was considered elite and he is a shell of that, just how far from elite is he at this point?

Comment

It's not just the fans, did you hear the post fight interview? Max Kellerman was the first one who implied that Chad is not the same fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          It's not just the fans, did you hear the post fight interview? Max Kellerman was the first one who implied that Chad is not the same fighter.
          I didn't here Max, but doesn't surprise me...

People will take medias quotes and opinions and run with them....

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
            I didn't here Max, but doesn't surprise me...

People will take medias quotes and opinions and run with them....
            Let's consider the facts with Dawson: He got brutalized by Ward after weight draining himself then gets KTFO in the first round in his comeback fight. Then there's also the fact that he has changed trainers SO many times. This just shows me that his head isn't in the game and after the back to back losses, there is the physical and mental toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              Let's consider the facts with Dawson: He got brutalized by Ward after weight draining himself then gets KTFO in the first round in his comeback fight. Then there's also the fact that he has changed trainers SO many times. This just shows me that his head isn't in the game and after the back to back losses, there is the physical and mental toll.
              I do understand your point, but I still think that he can make moves at LHW...

By all means, Dawson isn't the only case and I was just using him as the latest example...

I'm speaking from more of a general standpoint....there was a point where people though Hopkins was done for instance...he's still making waves....

I think some people put too much into a loss now days as if the glory days are over....

Comment

When a guy drains himself to make a lower weight, gets knocked down 3 times and stopped by a fighter who doesn't hit hard, and then gets taken out in 1 punch by another fighter immediately afterwards, you can pretty much assume he ruined himself. There is a very clear precedent here.

Comment

He's Sad Glass Jawson now

Bad Chad Dawson ceased to exist long ago

Comment

I'll never write a fighter off because of a loss. Chad still has all his abilities maybe his mentality will take a massove hit after two back to back ko losses though

Comment

Working...
                    X