Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best cherry picks that backfired?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best cherry picks that backfired?.

In recent memory:

Lacy picking Calzaghe.
    Bute picking Froch.
    Gatti picking Baldomir.
    Hatton picking Collazo.

Khan-Prescott. He dropped the FTA TV Channel that invested in him heavily and made him a star and chose to go to PPV, which pissed a lot of people including his fans off. This was his first fight and an epic karma fail.

Comment

pac-marquez 3 and 4.......and it ain't even close.

Comment

cotto-pac 2 combined with jmm-pac 4. Tried to CW cotto-he said no. forced to take JMM 4 fight after saying "I have nothing more to prove with him." embrassingly KTFO.

Comment

Micheal Nunn piucking James Toney

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            cotto-pac 2 combined with jmm-pac 4. Tried to CW cotto-he said no. forced to take JMM 4 fight after saying "I have nothing more to prove with him." embrassingly KTFO.
            He also turned down the $40 million Mayweather offer before that fight. LOL

Comment

Terry Norris vs Simon Brown.....Brown just lost and moved up to knock Norris out in the 4th I think....huge upset at that time.

Comment

Hatton beat Callazo.. So I am not sure how that "backfired".

Yes I know .. Hatton was out on his feet in the 12th round.. But guess what? That's like saying a Hockey team hit the post 4 times in the last minute or a Football team played their last 3 downs one inch away from the opposing end zone. Close.. but no goals awarded.
                The only fighter who scored a KD in that fight was Hatton.. The guy who walked away with the belt was .. Hatton.
                No backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                  Hatton beat Callazo.. So I am not sure how that "backfired".

Yes I know .. Hatton was out on his feet in the 12th round.. But guess what? That's like saying a Hockey team hit the post 4 times in the last minute or a Football team played their last 3 downs one inch away from the opposing end zone. Close.. but no goals awarded.
                  The only fighter who scored a KD in that fight was Hatton.. The guy who walked away with the belt was .. Hatton.
                  No backfire.
                  Probably just bad matchmaking from his promoter.

It was supposed to be a cakewalk fight for his big US debut. Instead he got thrown in with a big, young, hungry welterweight. Hatton went life and death with Collazo before nearly being stopped. Not to mention Collazo was seen as the weak link at welterweight.

Comment

Pac vs De La hoya

Comment

Working...
                    X