Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are certain members demanding Floyd fight all these 154/160 lbs fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Floyd isnt fighting much longer, so Floyd fans please dont hold Floyd back. Floyd will likely retire before BH does and look how old BH is.

People critcise Floyd for fighting JMM, and then the response is usually, well its JMMs fault he called Floyd out. Well Sergio called Floyd out. Does Floyd only pick on small boys?
    Time to stop the excuses. If excuses are going to be made, make great excuses please, and take time to think of the excuse rather than the same tired old ones/
    Have you actually read what I have posted or are you just skim reading the title and going on a rant.

I am a fan of boxing first and foremost who happens to appreciate the talent of pure boxers such as Mayweather, not just KO artists.

If Martinez and Floyd did fight at 154lbs- and Floyd managed to win would you give him credit? I severly doubt it. I have come across many of your posts and all you seem to do is hate on the man.

I remember back in late 2009/early 2010, a large percentage of members were saying no way Floyd would fight Shane, that he was afraid- then he did and suddenly Shane was old/shot/finished. Now again before you go off on a tirade, I believe Mosley was past his prime when they fought in May 2010, but he was even more on the decline when others choose to fight him.

Comment

He's great!! Hope he retires on Friday, this way by Tuesday we'll all have forgotten him!! He can open a gym in the Phillipines with Manny!!!

Then the young lions who don't worry about "undefeated" labels or the difference in a few million can take over!!

Out with the OLD........In with the New!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        So it's okay to fight Cotto at 154, but to ask him to fight another 154 pound fighter is asking too much? Floyd beats everyone at 154, not sure why some of his fans don't want him to. 160 is a different story.
        Who is he to fight at 154lbs that he will get credit for so that makes business sense- it is a business afterall.
        Alvarez: I keep reading that the man is too green, too inexperienced. Now I thinkt he fight will happen in September if Floyd gets through the fight on May 4th and it would be a blockbuster financially, but will people give him credit for beating a second champion at 154lbs? I severely doubt it.

Austin Trout has no fan base- and does not having an exciting style.

Martinez: I would give Martinez a huge chance to beat Floyd at 154lbs and would be a compelling matchup....but as I said earlier If Floyd did win, haters would just say Sergio was weight drained.

The whole point of my post was that alot of ppl on this site dont seem to care about boxing, just about bashing certining fighters and race.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          He's great!! Hope he retires on Friday, this way by Tuesday we'll all have forgotten him!! He can open a gym in the Phillipines with Manny!!!

Then the young lions who don't worry about "undefeated" labels or the difference in a few million can take over!!

Out with the OLD........In with the New!!! Ray.
          Might just be the best thing for boxing if it did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
            Have you actually read what I have posted or are you just skim reading the title and going on a rant.

I am a fan of boxing first and foremost who happens to appreciate the talent of pure boxers such as Mayweather, not just KO artists.

If Martinez and Floyd did fight at 154lbs- and Floyd managed to win would you give him credit? I severly doubt it. I have come across many of your posts and all you seem to do is hate on the man.

I remember back in late 2009/early 2010, a large percentage of members were saying no way Floyd would fight Shane, that he was afraid- then he did and suddenly Shane was old/shot/finished. Now again before you go off on a tirade, I believe Mosley was past his prime when they fought in May 2010, but he was even more on the decline when others choose to fight him.
            SSM wasnt excpeptional by any means, no one thought he was the most dangerous fighter in the world, rather just coming off a good win he wasnt expected to win. But people felt FLoyd had a lot to prove, and even someone not exactly great was expected to trouble Floyd, and Floyd would duck someone like SSM.

SSMs record shows he loses once in a while. Sergio at this point cant be compared to SSM. Sergio wins. He fights often and wins. Fights more often than Floyd and wins.
            I will give Floyd credit if he beats Sergio at 154, but naturally im going to think Sergio would have done better at 160. Heck id even give Floyd credit for actually fighting Sergio at 154 when there wouldnt be a reason to. I should be given Sergio just as much credit for fighting floyd at 154.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Because they want to see him KTFO'd .

I bet if Floyd asked Sergio or Canelo to fight at a catch weight there will be mayhem on BS...lols

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                SSM wasnt excpeptional by any means, no one thought he was the most dangerous fighter in the world. But people felt FLoyd had a lot to prove, and even someone not exactly great was expected to trouble Floyd, and Floyd would duck someone like SSM.

SSMs record shows he loses once in a while. Sergio at this point cant be compared to SSM. Sergio wins. He fights often and wins. Fights more often than Floyd and wins.
                I will give Floyd credit if he beats 154, but naturally im going to think Sergio would have done better at 160
                The point is Floyd is naturally a 147lb fighter. Going up to 160lbs would be giving up 13lbs. This is too much. If you cannot see that there is no hope for you.

One might argue that martniez should fight Ward at 168- only 8lbs of a difference. (I am not one of those though as Ward is too big, too young and to strong for him at bthis point in Sergio's career.)

Comment

Who is he to fight at 154lbs that he will get credit for so that makes business sense- it is a business afterall.
                  Alvarez: I keep reading that the man is too green, too inexperienced. Now I thinkt he fight will happen in September if Floyd gets through the fight on May 4th and it would be a blockbuster financially, but will people give him credit for beating a second champion at 154lbs? I severely doubt it.

Austin Trout has no fan base- and does not having an exciting style.

Martinez: I would give Martinez a huge chance to beat Floyd at 154lbs and would be a compelling matchup....but as I said earlier If Floyd did win, haters would just say Sergio was weight drained.

The whole point of my post was that alot of ppl on this site dont seem to care about boxing, just about bashing certining fighters and race.
                  This is true for some posters of course.

If Trout and Canelo do fight on May 4th and Trout wins, I see no reason he can't be next for Mayweather if Canelo is being considered already. If Canelo beats Trout, he'll have beaten a damn good opponent and many will take his challenge of Mayweather more seriously. Martinez at 154 is the best and biggest fight that can be made in boxing.

I don't really like the Guerrero fight, but he really doesn't have a lot of options for May 4th without Canelo.

Comment

Why catch weights? The welter champs fought the 54 and 60 champs plenty of times! Whats the difference in a few pounds if one fighter is supposed to have superior skills to the other. (the lighter man ofcourse)
                    Bassillo did it, so did Sugarman in a few different classes (welter to middle and middle to HtHvy) if this guy is so GREAT then whats the big deal?
                    Oh thats right............Scared about the undefeated BS!!!
                    This isn't Sky Diving...............you don't need to be perfect to be considered Great! Ray.

Comment

The point is Floyd is naturally a 147lb fighter. Going up to 160lbs would be giving up 13lbs. This is too much. If you cannot see that there is no hope for you.
                      Yes, its too much. So fight Sergio at 154. If Floyd spanks Sergio at 154, 160 might then not seem too much and such a mountain to climb.

At least FLoyd is given an option. He aint doing a JMM is he?

Comment

Working...
                      X