Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Don't Americans Stand Behind And Appreciate Floyd Mayweather Like They Should?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it isn't the Olympics or World Cup, Americans don't care.

Look at hockey. The ratings are horrible but when the US faced Canada in the gold medal game, ratings EXPLODED.

Comment

Americans been brainwashed with super bleach!!...too many Rocky flicks!! ...Floyd knows how to rumble and thats why I flew from Europe to see him sucker punch Vic and whenever needed I'll kick out for the PPV...I pay 3 different sat bills just to see HIM or any other fighter I may like...I support the sport and Floyd is a top dude...like him or not...he's dam good!!

I'm a Philadelphian lol

Comment

Americans like exciting fighters and floyd isn't exciting.

Comment

The simple answer is that he comes across like a total helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            If floyd did the SRL/ODH thing he'd be loved but be worth a lot less. He did it his way and got paid but doesn't have the love that comes with the fake image. America embraces humble athletes nowadays. And floyd damn sure aint humble.
            Bullshit.

Floyd was one of the most well-mannered, soft spoken champions in modern boxing in his youth. He was undefeated then. He was knocking guys out in incredible fashion. He was a phenom back then too.

Did it get Floyd the money or the accolades that he has now? Absolutely not.

America does not embrace humble athletes. The WWE is a perfect example of just how vain and pompous America likes it athletes/icons. People pack stadiums to hear grown men tell their children to "suck it" and then later tell them that they are slacked-jawed rednecks.

People LOVE it. Where do you think Mayweather got his "Money" persona from?

He applied what he learned at the WWE to a degree of brilliance. To get this big without Arum or King while acting like "Money Mayweather" has changed the game.

Other boxers are DREAMING of being like Money. More people pay to see Money than ANY OTHER BOXER ALIVE.

He might be hated, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing when that hate translates into more dollars than anyone else has been able to generate.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
              If it isn't the Olympics or World Cup, Americans don't care.

Look at hockey. The ratings are horrible but when the US faced Canada in the gold medal game, ratings EXPLODED.
              Also not true.

Both Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather were robbed in the Olympics.

Americans didn't care even though both men represented the United States.

And I said earlier, it comes down to which America we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                Also not true.

Both Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather were robbed in the Olympics.

Americans didn't care even though both men represented the United States.

And I said earlier, it comes down to which America we are talking about.
                Well, Americans also love team sports because it makes them feel as if they're part of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                  Well, Americans also love team sports because it makes them feel as if they're part of the team.
                  Team sports tend to have a bit of diversity. That in itself nullifies the dynamic of bias .. unless of course the hater is die hard.

Comment

Working...
                  X