No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: Dawson's Style, The Worst Kind For Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steward: Dawson's Style, The Worst Kind For Hopkins

BoxingScene.com spoke with trainer Emanuel Steward to get his thoughts on the upcoming light heavyweight bout between WBC champion Bernard Hopkins and mandatory challenger Chad Dawson, taking place on October 15th at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

[Click Here To Read More]

Dawson ain't winning this fight.

Comment

Lol

Dawsons carrer is gonna be ended

Chalk another one up to the excecutioner

Comment

Lol

Comment

Bernard will issue out a Tarver-like (not as one sided) beat down on Chad...

I like Chad but Steward said it right, he fights in spots and seems to lose interest at times and we all know about his workrate...he's gonna have to make major adjustments to beat Bernard...and I don't see it happening out of the blue.....but crazier things have happened...

Chad does have the style/skills to beat Bernard but I question his mental and focus...

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_monster View Post
            Dawson ain't winning this fight.
            Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            Lol

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
              Bernard will issue out a Tarver-like (not as one sided) beat down on Chad...

I like Chad but Steward said it right, he fights in spots and seems to lose interest at times and we all know about his workrate...he's gonna have to make major adjustments to beat Bernard...and I don't see it happening out of the blue.....but crazier things have happened...

Chad does have the style/skills to beat Bernard but I question his mental and focus...
              The criticism against Dawson is legit, but I still think some fans overestimate Hopkins abilities. Pascal, Jones, and Pavlik are nothing like Dawson (and Dawson is very motivated for this fight). Hopkins is going to get another another L on his record, just like that L he got in 2008 against Calzaghe.

Comment

Dawson is too suspect in the ring for me to put full confidence in him. The only way to beat Bernard is to use speed consistently. Dawson stops and gives his opponents time to get back in the fight. Can't let Hopkins get in any comfortable rhythm. I'm going with Bernard Hopkins in this one. 12RD UD in favor of POPkins.

Comment

Is that our very own John “Ice Man” Scully training Dawson? Did he ever make a thread here talking about this?

Comment

This will be a sleep fest I will be passing on this fight bhop has a easy win

Comment

Working...
                    X