republican voters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• republican voters

hey everyone,
    i have a brief question (I'm from from Europe): Why are especially the poor people (non-minorities) in the usa often prone to vote for the republican party? As far as I know the republicans support among others less governmental regulation and lower taxes for the rich. So how is this appealing to rather poor people?

Every poor Republican I know votes Republican for this reason. Not even exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Every poor Republican I know votes Republican for this reason. Not even exaggerating.
      This is true. There's a reason that Rick Santorum is in this race and it isn't because of his fiscal policy.

Comment

That and the perception that the R's are the Gun Rights party, and for expansion of Military which is more employment opportunities for the kids of the Poor you speak of.

There are a handful of good Republicans, as well as a few good Democrats. But the majority of both are **** and pander to the emotions of the citizenry to get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

That and the perception that the R's are the Gun Rights party, and for expansion of Military which is more employment opportunities for the kids of the Poor you speak of.

There are a handful of good Republicans, as well as a few good Democrats. But the majority of both are **** and pander to the emotions of the citizenry to get elected.
          Completely agree, and I want to make that clear before someone sees my first post and assumes I'm a full blown Democrat trying to pigeon hole all Republicans into one category. Just speaking from personal experience.

Comment

America needs to get Libertarian FAST.

THis Republican/Democrat bullsh.t is a deadend.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              America needs to get Libertarian FAST.

THis Republican/Democrat bullsh.t is a deadend.
              Couple of issues: Firstly I don't think that libertarianism is much to aspire to. Looks good on paper but in practise the market does not have the power to overcome human greed and willingness to break the rules. Secondly the US doesn't actually have any libertarians running. Ron Paul is all in favour of government intervention in a whole host of personal bugbears.

Comment

Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Couple of issues: Firstly I don't think that libertarianism is much to aspire to. Looks good on paper but in practise the market does not have the power to overcome human greed and willingness to break the rules. Secondly the US doesn't actually have any libertarians running. Ron Paul is all in favour of government intervention in a whole host of personal bugbears.
                  Have you ever corrected your statement that Ron Paul was a isolationist from that other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                    Have you ever corrected your statement that Ron Paul was a isolationist from that other thread?
                    I'm sorry, I meant to say "protectionist".

Comment

Working...
                    X