No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oosthuizen Misses Weight, Sweats Down To Make Limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oosthuizen Misses Weight, Sweats Down To Make Limit

Johannesburg – There was an unexpected scare at Friday's weight-in for the “Last Man Standing” boxing bill at Emperors Palace when Tommy Oosthuizen was more than 1.5 pounds over his prescribed weight limit.

The much-vaunted IBO super middleweight champion was given two hours to sweat off the excess weight and meet the 168 pound limit for Saturday night's title defence against Colombian Fulgenico Zuniga.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zuniga is quite over-the-hill & the delay in making wt won't affect the outcome...

Comment

I thought Zuniga was fighting at 175 now - he had a world title fight with light heavyweight Tavoris Cloud some time ago.

Comment

I think Oosthuizen could beat the "top" guys at 168. He has the skills and body attributes to turn that division upside down.

Comment

Looks like a Golovkin catchweight fight won't happen then.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
            I think Oosthuizen could beat the "top" guys at 168. He has the skills and body attributes to turn that division upside down.
            Yea but he just missed weight tho. So how long is he gonna be able to stay at 168?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Yea but he just missed weight tho. So how long is he gonna be able to stay at 168?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Hoping it was just a miscalculation of some sort and not an issue with inability to make the weight. I was impressed with his performance against Johnson on showtime. I'd like to see how he fares against the guys that most people consider to be the best in the world provided he can keep making this weight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Really?...Don't get me wrong, Oosthuizen is a solid prospect, but I can't imagine him beating guys like Kessler, Froch and Dirrell, and he has absolutely zero chance against Ward, then again really no one has a chance against Ward right now.

Comment

Working...
                X