No announcement yet.

Which fighter(s) sparked you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    I cried when Glen Johnson knocked out my Roy. That tells you what Roy meant to me.

I don't give a **** if this post seems '****' or not!
    what up chunk? did you enjoy the RJJ performance from saturday?

Comment

as a kid, it started with Marvin

then Tyson...after that, i was hooked

Comment

Roy Jones and pbf

Comment

I cried when Glen Johnson knocked out my Roy. That tells you what Roy meant to me.

I don't give a **** if this post seems '****' or not!
          I think only a true fan can understand where you're coming from.

I cried when I saw the "Friday Night Fights" tribute for Diego Corrales.

I tried not to, but a couple tears just would not be denied.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins: Was looking for more fighters to like when I first got into boxing. Tried Jermain Taylor and ended up hating him. Watched Bhop vs Glen Johnson and was amazed.

Cristian Mijares: His fight against Navarro was a very surprising treat on the undercard of Pavlik Taylor II. I was amazed by his skill and was determined to watch more of him. I really hope he regains his career in the right direction though and actually starts boxing again instead of trading.

Hozumi Hasegawa: This is an interesting one. There is this boxing game called Boxer's Road 2 for the PSP and I loved using him. So I to see if he was like that in real life, I watched his rematch vs Saphrom and he was. Great entertaining fighter.

Juan Manuel Marquez: Liked him after I saw the Pacquiao fight and became a huge fan after the second Pacquiao fight.

Israel Vazquez: Came a fan of his over the summer. I loved his fights against Raf, but then watching more of him vs Gonzalez, Hernendez, Larios, etc. it made me even a bigger fan.

Comment

I almost Cried the night that Mike died... in the ring that is..

I never really connected to anyone.. I am just happy these men are wiling to beat each other up for mine and yours entertainment..

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                what up chunk? did you enjoy the RJJ performance from saturday?
                How's it going mate? Yep i had a chance to see the highlights, and Roy looked good. A lot better then i thought he would but to be fair, Omar Sheika ain't much to overcome LOL, even with this version of Roy.

I personally want Roy to retire. He has nothing to prove to nobody! I just fear he's gonna end up fighting unessarily(if that's the right way of putting it) and find it hard to hang'em up like Holyfield?

He doesn't need the money does he?

I'll be a happy man when i see a picture of Roy sitting on a porch with his feet up in Pensacola, watching the sunset on his farm while drinking a glass of OJ.

Comment

Tyson got me into the sport when I was a kid. My pops would always have his crew over drinkin and watchin his fights when they were on just like I do now. Mike was the ****in man when I was a kid. Holyfield too, just cuz he fought everybody without hesitation.

Comment

Roy Jones and Gatti would have to be my top 2.

Comment

How's it going mate? Yep i had a chance to see the highlights, and Roy looked good. A lot better then i thought he would but to be fair, Omar Sheika ain't much to overcome LOL, even with this version of Roy.

I personally want Roy to retire. He has nothing to prove to nobody! I just fear he's gonna end up fighting unessarily(if that's the right way of putting it) and find it hard to hang'em up like Holyfield?

He doesn't need the money does he?

I'll be a happy man when i see a picture of Roy sitting on a porch with his feet up in Pensacola, watching the sunset on his farm while drinking a glass of OJ.
                      Yeah but Roy doesn't want to retire. We all want him to retire, ecspecially after his great performance in his hometown over the weekend.

But Roy is going to retire when hes ready, we'll just have to hope for the best.

no roy doesn't need the money. according to a recent espn article hes living good at his farm/mansion with a rolls royce, 3 benzs etc.

I think he just likes the spotlight of being a fighter....

Comment

Working...
                      X