No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri Becomes a Player With Pacquiao on The Table

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Algieri Becomes a Player With Pacquiao on The Table

Chris Algieri has gone from a club fighter, cutting his teeth in his hometown of Huntington, LI against nondescript opponents, to someone who could be the breakout star of 2014 if things fall into place.

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Bob Arum of Top Rank has made a formal offer to Algieri to face Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 22 in Macao, China, giving Algieri a chance to carry on the remarkable string of good fortune for the Huntington native. Arum and Algieri’s promoter, Joe DeGuardia said they could potentially reach an agreement on terms of the deal, perhaps as soon as Wednesday or Thursday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

hhmmmm.... i guess they dont want provodnikov vs pacquiao.... hhmmm

Comment

Chris seems like a good guy but this fight is just....WRONG AND INEXCUSABLE!!!!

Comment

Algieri is one big win away from this fight. This is a meaningless fight and has an appeareance of a non competitive bout beacause Algieri only has one good close win

Comment

Any idea who Pac's mandatory is?

Comment

Umm this was news yesterday wasn't it? For those who missed it yesterday, we are all in agreement with the Floydiots that this is a joke...but I guess after a long career Manny deserves an easy $20 million pay day. I won't be ordering the fight, so it doesn't bother me. The Maywather fight isn't happening, so there aren't many exciting fights out there left in boxing because the greedy and egotistical promoters, "advisors" and television executives have basically split boxing into different leagues. There is the Showtime Al Haymon/GBP league and the Bob Arum + Misc. Promoters/HBO league...

I refuse to order pay-per-view boxing or order Showtime or HBO until there is a change. Until then I will stream

Comment

Fight will be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
                Umm this was news yesterday wasn't it?
                So what...it's still BAD news and should be address everyday until Arum and his ilk stop the shenanigans and give us a decent fight.

I actually like the guy Chris which makes this act even more egregious...because he's going to get hurt real bad.

There are levels to this s*** for a reason

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Algeri got a shot at Ruslan Provodnikov? How does Provodnikov destroy Bradley and Alvarado, and then gets matched up with Chris Algeri in NYC?

Comment

So you have to have a Bachelor's in nutrition and somewhat look like a movie star with a soft spoken voice to get a Pacquiao shot? Let's see the spin on this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X