Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider to be the better fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    hes talking skillwise, and lmao @ you thinking Pacquiao is on the same level as Ali and Norton being on the same level as Marquez.
    the ali-norton comparison was an analogy... the guy was not necessarily putting MP or JMM on the same level...

Comment

hes talking skillwise, and lmao @ you thinking Pacquiao is on the same level as Ali and Norton being on the same level as Marquez.
      TS is vague on what he's asking, if its technical skillwise, then it's JMM

resume, it's Pac

Comment

It's called an analogy, numb nuts.

And yes, I'd take Pac's skills over JMM any day. He's faster, stronger and more explosive. JMM is obviously much more technically sound but that's two different things. For example I'd take a prime Roy Jones and his skill set over a much more technically sound fighter in James Toney. Comprende?

Now if the TS is asking "who is more technically sound" that answer is obviously JMM. "Who has better skills" can mean anything and to me, I like Pac's style, his abilities and his intangibles.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Surprised that fight got made. I really am, I thought Pac was just the carrot Arum dangled to bring Bradley to Top Rank. Didn't think he ever had any intention of letting Bradley fight Pac.
          Me too, I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's a good fight and Bradley gets a fair shake.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            It's called a comparison, numb nuts.

And yes, I'd take Pac's skills over JMM any day. He's faster, stronger and more explosive. JMM is obviously much more technically sound but that's two different things. For example I'd take a prime Roy Jones and his skill set over a much more technically sound fighter in James Toney. Comprende?
            those are attributes, which could be attributed to Pacquiao being more athletic.

For example, JMM is obviously the better outside boxer, better counter puncher, he has a better inside game, better footwork, better combinations, better body attack, higher ring IQ etc

Those are skills ... being faster is an attribute

Comment

They are both great fighters, but Márquez is the better boxer and Pac is more of a cooked idol -an american product-.
              Last edited by Phantomas; 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                TS is vague on what he's asking, if its technical skillwise, then it's JMM

resume, it's Pac
                This is based on ring ability. Who is the better fighter in the ring? Manny can only fight one way. Marquez's fight game has much more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  those are attributes, which could be attributed to Pacquiao being more athletic.

For example, JMM is obviously the better outside boxer, better counter puncher, he has a better inside game, better footwork, better combinations, better body attack, higher ring IQ etc

Those are skills ... being faster is an attribute
                  so james toney was a better fighter than a prime Roy Jones, got it.

When looking at a fighter I look at the whole package, not just technical skills. There are tons of European fighters that are textbook fighters but suck ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    so james toney was a better fighter than a prime Roy Jones, got it.

When looking at a fighter I look at the whole package, not just technical skills. There are tons of European fighters that are textbook fighters but suck ass.
                    ......when Roy's chin and natural reflexes went, what happened?
                    We know what James Toney can do even well past his prime.

because he's the better technically sound boxer

Comment

Resume - Pac

Skill wise - JMM

Comment

Working...
                      X