No announcement yet.

Who is your trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your trainer?

Who is your trainer and what history is there from your gym?
    I am trained by Stuart McGrandle son of Billy McGrandle a Canadian Champion from the 60's.

Gym: West Edmonton Knights
    History:
    Name: Billy McGrandle
    Birthplace: Scotland, United Kingdom
    Nationality: Canadian
    Hometown: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Height: 5′ 7″ / 170cm
    Boxing Record: click
    http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:17585

History link to trainer:
    There is the the Bowmont Boxing Club with Ginnie BROWN and the team,
    but also Stuart McGrandle with the West Edmonton Knights with that old
    time family connection with our Alberta star of the Sixties - BILLY MCGRANDLE.
    http://bzelley-canadianamateurboxing...ta-boxing.html

Post your stories...I'd love to hear them.

I had 3 primary trainer through my time: Greg Owens, Greg Rice and Johnny Moore. Trained and fought out of the Galaxy Gym that Jackie Kallen opened in 1991. James Toney was the big guy at the gym holding the Middleweight title while I was there. They made a movie about Jackie and James being portrayed in Against The Ropes.......Rockin'

Comment

I'm at:

Gym: ABS Club Boxing
      Trainer: Abe Satoru, a former WBA Minimum Division World Ranked 3rd back in the 80~90's.
      Nationality: Japanese
      Hometown: Gifu, Japan
      Height: 156 cm

Comment

Jonathan "Reiddawg" Reid from the contender and was also helped by Vinroy "slick" Barret from 2nd season...both from Nashville...

Comment

You know I haven't posted here lately. Mainly because I stopped training like 6 months ago; just lost the love for the sport, so naturally, I lost interest in posting about the sport. But a post so simple like, "who is your trainer?" got me hype as **** because the way I would ask it is with a lot of pride. So yea, its only right to answer this question with a lot of pride. My Coach is Coach Chucky Mills! MLK Rec Center up North Philly. Him and Cyclone Hart ran the gym. A nice, gritty gym. Not a gym with a huge name but all the Philly legends and up and comers of today has come through. Maybe to visit or maybe for that work, cuz all of our fighters is tough, and CAN PUNCH. When I was younger I wanted Cyclone to train me so bad because of his rep as a fighter, but he wasn't in the gym much. Him and his son was traveling all over the world at the time(and still even today) so I don't blame him. I was in the gym everyday and so was Coach Chuck. He taught me everything I know about boxing. He helped me better myself in life. He helps all the kids in a neighborhood and trains them for free, just to keep em out of trouble. He never asks for NOTHING. He is def an unsung hero. Another Kevin Cunningham in a different town pretty much. Although nobody has heard of my coach or my gym, I TAKES GREAT PRIDE IN BOTH.

Man, reminiscing def makes me wanna just get back at it and TRAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by IBox85 View Post
            You know I haven't posted here lately. Mainly because I stopped training like 6 months ago; just lost the love for the sport, so naturally, I lost interest in posting about the sport. But a post so simple like, "who is your trainer?" got me hype as **** because the way I would ask it is with a lot of pride. So yea, its only right to answer this question with a lot of pride. My Coach is Coach Chucky Mills! MLK Rec Center up North Philly. Him and Cyclone Hart ran the gym. A nice, gritty gym. Not a gym with a huge name but all the Philly legends and up and comers of today has come through. Maybe to visit or maybe for that work, cuz all of our fighters is tough, and CAN PUNCH. When I was younger I wanted Cyclone to train me so bad because of his rep as a fighter, but he wasn't in the gym much. Him and his son was traveling all over the world at the time(and still even today) so I don't blame him. I was in the gym everyday and so was Coach Chuck. He taught me everything I know about boxing. He helped me better myself in life. He helps all the kids in a neighborhood and trains them for free, just to keep em out of trouble. He never asks for NOTHING. He is def an unsung hero. Another Kevin Cunningham in a different town pretty much. Although nobody has heard of my coach or my gym, I TAKES GREAT PRIDE IN BOTH.

Man, reminiscing def makes me wanna just get back at it and TRAIN.
            Dude, go back in there and train !!! If thats what you like , go back as soon as possible or you'll regret it later in life.

Comment

Gary Stark Sr.
              Park Hill boxing club
              Staten Island , NY

Trained Fighters:
              "Gary Stark Jr." a featherweight fighter, Pro.

"Marcus browne" Amateur fighter, but currently out somewhere training for the olympics, expect to him win, and remember Gary Stark and everyone at the park hill boing gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
                Gary Stark Sr.
                Park Hill boxing club
                Staten Island , NY

Trained Fighters:
                "Gary Stark Jr." a featherweight fighter, Pro.

"Marcus browne" Amateur fighter, but currently out somewhere training for the olympics, expect to him win, and remember Gary Stark and everyone at the park hill boing gym.
                were u at trials???? did u see the Caleb Plant fights???

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
                  were u at trials???? did u see the Caleb Plant fights???

I don't go with him when he takes other people to fight, one he pays for everyone to travel with him and two i'm working.

P.S: You have a boxer's nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
                    I don't go with him when he takes other people to fight, one he pays for everyone to travel with him and two i'm working.

P.S: You have a boxer's nose.
                    ahhh got ya..yeah worken sucks....a true boxers life tho..and haha funny I've never had the nose broke actually...not yet...lol...but i'll take that as a compliment lol

Comment

Working...
                    X