No announcement yet.

Khan wants to make his WW debut in home town football stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan wants to make his WW debut in home town football stadium

Amir Khan wants to end the year with a sell-out clash at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium. The former double light-welterweight champion is planning on a homecoming fight in November or December. Khan yesterday confirmed that he will fight WBC king Danny Garcia in July in what will be his last bout before moving up a division. M.E.N. Sport revealed yesterday that the 25-year-old was trying to secure a clash with Garcia after his rematch with Lamont Peterson was cancelled last month. But Khan still maintains hopes of becoming Britain’s first pound-for-pound No 1 and intends to move up to welterweight once he has proved himself the undisputed top fighter at 140lbs. He said: “I will definitely have another fight this year, in November or December. “I will move up a weight, but I’m not looking at anyone yet. “I’d like to have that fight over here. I’d like to bring a top 10 American over here for the UK fans because I’ve not fought here for a couple of fights. “I’d love to fight in Bolton again, it’s about getting the timing right and making sure it fits properly. The only place to fight now would be the football stadium.” Amir Khan out to show he is world’s best Scott Quigg’s warning to former Euro champ Rendall Munroe Khan hopes his WBA and IBF titles will also be on the line against the undefeated Garcia after Peterson tested positive for a banned substance. “It’s a great match-up with the WBC title on the line,” he said. “He has quite a similar style to Peterson. Garcia is a come-forward fighter – he has a good knockout percentage. “It is going to be me being the boxer again. I’ll have to be smart, hit, move and try and be one step ahead of him. “My little bit of experience ahead of him should work in my advantage. He’s never lost before. It’s going to be a good fight.” Garcia added: “I feel like I have what it takes to beat this guy. I’ve watched Khan a lot. He’s a good fighter, but I don’t think he’s what people say he is, getting all this credit. “I feel like he will leave himself open for some big shots and we’ll see if he can take them. I can box and I can punch. I’m going to hit him with stuff he won’t see. I can’t wait.”

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...k-winter-brawl

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    Amir Khan wants to end the year with a sell-out clash at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium. The former double light-welterweight champion is planning on a homecoming fight in November or December. Khan yesterday confirmed that he will fight WBC king Danny Garcia in July in what will be his last bout before moving up a division. M.E.N. Sport revealed yesterday that the 25-year-old was trying to secure a clash with Garcia after his rematch with Lamont Peterson was cancelled last month. But Khan still maintains hopes of becoming Britain’s first pound-for-pound No 1 and intends to move up to welterweight once he has proved himself the undisputed top fighter at 140lbs. He said: “I will definitely have another fight this year, in November or December. “I will move up a weight, but I’m not looking at anyone yet. “I’d like to have that fight over here. I’d like to bring a top 10 American over here for the UK fans because I’ve not fought here for a couple of fights. “I’d love to fight in Bolton again, it’s about getting the timing right and making sure it fits properly. The only place to fight now would be the football stadium.” Amir Khan out to show he is world’s best Scott Quigg’s warning to former Euro champ Rendall Munroe Khan hopes his WBA and IBF titles will also be on the line against the undefeated Garcia after Peterson tested positive for a banned substance. “It’s a great match-up with the WBC title on the line,” he said. “He has quite a similar style to Peterson. Garcia is a come-forward fighter – he has a good knockout percentage. “It is going to be me being the boxer again. I’ll have to be smart, hit, move and try and be one step ahead of him. “My little bit of experience ahead of him should work in my advantage. He’s never lost before. It’s going to be a good fight.” Garcia added: “I feel like I have what it takes to beat this guy. I’ve watched Khan a lot. He’s a good fighter, but I don’t think he’s what people say he is, getting all this credit. “I feel like he will leave himself open for some big shots and we’ll see if he can take them. I can box and I can punch. I’m going to hit him with stuff he won’t see. I can’t wait.”

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...k-winter-brawl

khan-brook in khans hometown

Comment

It will probably be Khan vs Matthew Hatton. I really wouldn't be suprised.

Comment

damn... first the peril of relegation for Bolton and now Amir Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
          it's going to be an UK guy that's for sure. i doubt they'd risk making a fight with a top10 (emphasis on 10) US guy on a stadium. well klitschkos can draw masses to stadiums, but not sure about the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
            damn... first the peril of relegation for Bolton and now Amir Khan?
            LOL!

Comment

mathew hatton isnt in the top 10

Comment

@ people that don't bother to read the fukin thing....he clearly says he wants to bring a top 10 American over here.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  And what gives you that idiotic impression?

Comment

I really hope he fights either Victor Ortiz or Devon Alexander. It would put him in line to fight Floyd if he were to beat one of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X