Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would Floyd be PPV wise if he didn't talk trash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I beg to differ because Floyd was no where near the Oscar and Hatton fights level with JMM and look how well that fight did. I dont think I even saw him ever talking **** to Marquez and said countless times that he respects Marquez and Beristain.

Comment

He had to play the villian in order for people to take notice. I kinda feel bad for him that it has to be that way. Floyd is probably a much nicer guy than he lets on and im not so sure he is completely happy taking on this bad boy role. Unlike someone like Mayorga who loves to be the bad guy, I'm not so sure Floyd is the same, I really think the guy just wants some respect and appreciation from the fans, the media and the hbo announcer crew for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        This is a stupid question. Its not about if he did this or that, would he be a star. Its about, are you being yourself and I think he is. Therefore the question doesnt make sense. Thats like saying that people think Floyd is doing this just to sell fights. He's not. No doubt he is a great salesman but he's also a hip hop cat who really does like money and to live flashy. Thats him. His family has always been talkers. Its them. Its like youre saying if he was Pac or Cotto. What if Pac & Cotto were Floyd? Would they be the stars they are? Hell NO. Its not just about talking, its about being you. Hopkins, Toney, and many other guys talk mad smack but dont have half the fame Floyd does. Dont act like its the only reason why he sales and dont act like its not real. It is
        The way Mayweather acted during the build up to Marquez, Notice I said acted. That clearly wasn't him and he didn't feel comfortable not being himself. By the way, Mayweather would still be a VERY big draw.

Doesn't change the fact that Mayweather has been on,

ESPN
        CNN
        SNY
        SKY
        Fox
        WWE 2x
        Chelsea Lately
        Dancing With The Stars
        Commercials

Pretty much all over the place. He was very respectful to Marquez and still generated 1.1Mill PPV Buys. Now look at that!

Comment

If Floyd were a really nice guy and had a positive personality he'd probably be something like a Pernell Whitaker, who was very well known but wasn't exactly a superstar.

But if Floyd had a great personality AND actually attempted to entertain the fans WHILE FIGHTING (maybe doing some bolo punches, throwing combo's, going toe to toe every now and then, taking more risks) he could have been the next Sugar Ray Leonard.

Comment

Working...
          X