No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez – The Art of the Underdog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez – The Art of the Underdog

By Thomas Gerbasi - When it was announced that Josesito Lopez’ first fight back after back-to-back losses to Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Marcos Maidana would be against former contender Mike Arnaoutis, loser of two straight in his own right, the boxing world screamed that it was a ‘keep busy’ fight for the “Riverside Rocky.”

And it may very well be just that, but don’t tell that to Lopez.

“It’s a tough fight that I’m in and I’m not taking Arnaoutis lightly at all,” he said of Friday’s FOX Sports 1 bout at Fantasy Springs in Indio, California. “He’s tough, he’s a hard warrior, and he always comes to fight, so I’m definitely well prepared for this fight, but I also want to get back onto the big stage. I’ve regrouped and I’ve trained a lot harder and I pushed myself and I want to show everybody that I belong on the big stage.” [Click Here To Read More]

Lopez made me a fan of his with his fight against Ortiz. They both put on a show and I think that was the fight that really made Lopez get noticed. If he stays in the weight class he's supposed to be in, I can't see too many performances like the one vs Canelo where he was just overpowered and undersized. At 140-147 he can be a very tough fighter for any guy there, especially the non-boxer types.

Comment

Josesito is very easy to like because he has plenty of heart and always shows up to fight so there's really not much more one can ask from him. Hopefully we get to see a rematch between him and Victor Ortiz in the first half of 14.

Comment

he sucks doe, he's lost 3 of his last 4.
        gbp was sorta happy he beat ortiz to use him as a stepping stone/sacrificial lamb for stars to grow. (maidana whose thrown to broner, canelo whose thrown to canelo)

Comment

I enjoy watching Josesito fight and he seems to be a very humble person,but if Goldenboy continues to match him against power punchers giving his defensive liabilities his career will be over before long.I still think him against Cano would be a great action fight that he could easily win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
            Josesito is very easy to like because he has plenty of heart and always shows up to fight so there's really not much more one can ask from him. Hopefully we get to see a rematch between him and Victor Ortiz in the first half of 14.
            I can't believe Ortiz is talking smack about Lopez! In their fight, Vickie tried to impose his will on Josesito, but the kid fought back valiantly. Ortiz was like, "Oh ****! He's not scared of me!" That's when he backed down and eventually got his jaw broken. How can he talk smack about someone who stood toe-to-toe with him, and broke his jaw? And who quit? GTFOH Ortiz! A rematch likely will just show how much Ortiz has gotten off his game.

Comment

Josesito is a badass fighter. WAR LOPEZ.

Comment

Josesito Lopez - The Art of being Below Average.

Comment

That Maidana fight was up in the air til the very end.

Comment

His fight against Maidana is one of the more exciting fights in recent months. He is a warrior and wins fans each time he goes to war.

Comment

Working...
                    X