No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mayweather Dominates Canelo Huge Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mayweather Dominates Canelo Huge Gallery

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KOs) was unable to overcome the speed and the boxing ability of Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs). Mayweather was favored 117-111 and 116-112 on two ringside scorecards while a third had a controversial score of 114-114. Mayweather earned a guaranteed purse of $41.5 million for the fight, which broke several financial records - including a gate of over $20 million at the MGM Grand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Personally think "dominated" is too strong a word. It was a technical fight which Mayweather clearly and cleanly won, but there were plenty of rounds where he didn't do too much in there. Canelo just looked a half step behind for most of the fight and landed on a lot of arms and gloves, but then again many of Floyd's shots fell short or landed on gloves, too. Great performance nonetheless by Floyd, fought a sharp fight and proved he is "The One". Expected a Plan B from Canelo, but he looked short on ideas.

Comment

jizzed myself

Comment

Dominated is the only word to describe what happened to Canelo last night smh

Comment

Good fight, Canelo fought his heart out and gained more respect from me. He did better than I thought he would and proved he's no hype job. Canelo is young though, he'll go on to have a great career and will take a lot away from this. Loved it though a lot of people were cheering for canelo at the party I was at by the end of it wether they wanted/thought floyd would win or not.... he can only go up from here.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
            Dominated is the only word to describe what happened to Canelo last night smh
            I agree.

I cant honestly score a single round that I can say that Canelo won. Not a single round.

Comment

Do those pictures look like "Running" to you cause they don't to me. Floyd stood in the pocket against a guy 2 divisions higher and beat him.

Comment

Canelo looked 23 last night! I thought he would do much better than what he did! I really couldn't tell u what rnds he won! Domination is the only word I can think of for last night! But I like Canelo, but Floyd showed that he is the best ever! His defense is the best ever! Hands Down!

Comment

The fight went exactly how I knew it would, Floyd giving HYPE BASKET Canelo a Boxing lesson and a half! Canelo came in weiging 165lbs & Floyd went down to 149 1/2(it was a "Super Middleweight" vs a 2 division lower "Super Welter") & Floyd still toyed with him! Judge CJ Ross must have gotten a nice BONU$ from G.B productions cause I did NOT see Canelo win a single round! Must have been the same BONU$ judge Christodoulou got when he saw Canelo win practically every round in the Trout fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    I agree.

I cant honestly score a single round that I can say that Canelo won. Not a single round.
                    I don't know how anyone scored it anything other than 120-108

Comment

Working...
                    X