Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which all time great should not be there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which all time great should not be there?

I see alot of fighters others claim are all time greats that shouldn't be there.

Who you got?

Originally posted by miamike View Post
    I see alot of fighters others claim are all time greats that shouldn't be there.

Who you got?
    I'll presume that by there, you mean the boxing hall of fame. Starting from this year going backwards, Arturo Gatti.

Comment

Arturo Gatti is not an ATG. The thread is titled a bit weird, anyone who is an ATG should be in the HOF. Fighters who shouldn't be in the HOF include Gatti yes. There are a great many omissions thought, namely Naz and Eubank.

Comment

The Hall of Fame is for "famous fighters" boxers who could draw fans to shows and entertain them on a high level. Excitment, suspense and all around anticipation!!! I think Gatti is just that!!! I'm not sure the hall is for just ATG!
        I don't think you need highend boxing apptitude or skills to be a "fan favorite"!
        Arturo cheated no one when they paid to come in to an arena!
        Rethink your position and maybe the hall is for the warriors who came to win but used their huge hearts in place of power & speed and intelect!!

Theres plenty of room!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          The Hall of Fame is for "famous fighters" boxers who could draw fans to shows and entertain them on a high level. Excitment, suspense and all around anticipation!!! I think Gatti is just that!!! I'm not sure the hall is for just ATG!
          I don't think you need highend boxing apptitude or skills to be a "fan favorite"!
          Arturo cheated no one when they paid to come in to an arena!
          Rethink your position and maybe the hall is for the warriors who came to win but used their huge hearts in place of power & speed and intelect!!

Theres plenty of room!! Ray
          i agree, i think hes a great fighter

Comment

All time greats

I agree that the HOF should be for the fighters that gave you a reason to be
            a fight fan such as these deserving fighters who someday may be inducted.

They certainly gave us plenty of thrills:

Gaspar Ortega
            Marvin Johnson
            Jose Luis Ramirez

Comment

The most famous example I can think of is Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                Arturo Gatti is not an ATG. The thread is titled a bit weird, anyone who is an ATG should be in the HOF. Fighters who shouldn't be in the HOF include Gatti yes. There are a great many omissions thought, namely Naz and Eubank.
                Arturo Gatti was not the most talented boxer, nor was he an ATG, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Gatti would fight any man, anytime. One thing was for sure when Gatti was fighting - you were going to see a hell of a show. He wasn't going to give up, he wasn't going to prepare half heartedly. He went in believing he was going to win, and he trained to win. Gatti's fights with Micky Ward are cause enough to place him into the hall of fame. He wasn't a great boxer, but you really can't ask for more out of a fighter within the realm of what he can control (superior skills, reflexes, speed, none are things he could really control. You have it or you don't).

Comment

Ironic: People around here used to laugh and say I was crazy when I said Gatti would get into the HOF :hahahaha9: Nobody believed me when I said the HOF had nothing to do with greatness and everything to do with popularity and name recognition :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    Arturo Gatti was not the most talented boxer, nor was he an ATG, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Gatti would fight any man, anytime. One thing was for sure when Gatti was fighting - you were going to see a hell of a show. He wasn't going to give up, he wasn't going to prepare half heartedly. He went in believing he was going to win, and he trained to win. Gatti's fights with Micky Ward are cause enough to place him into the hall of fame. He wasn't a great boxer, but you really can't ask for more out of a fighter within the realm of what he can control (superior skills, reflexes, speed, none are things he could really control. You have it or you don't).
                    The HOF should be for great fighters, not for fighters who were in great fights. There have been plenty of fights as good as Ward-Gatti that weren't featured on HBO and therefore went unnoticed.

Make a tough guy HOF and put Gatti in first. But he has no business going in to the real HOF ahead of too many fighters here to list.

Comment

Working...
                    X