Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that were born with/ worked hard for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that were born with/ worked hard for?

What kind of fighters do you like?

For me, I'd have to say I like fighters like Bernard Hopkins. A boxer who can throw jabs and make it count. I never really liked the fighters with crazy power. Although they are entertaining to watch because of their knockouts, I feel like they have that...head start. They say punching power is born and not made, so I feel like some fighters are already blessed with something that they didn't really have to work for. I'm not saying they don't bust their asss. Just saying, if you're born with that natural power already, then you automatically have something over other fighters. Which is why Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather are 2 of my favorite fighters. Hopkins doesn't have crazy power or crazy speed, but there is a reason why he started later then a lot of fighters and finishing later than most fighters and still winning fights and that's because he has the basics down. Floyd Mayweather doesn't have crazy power either. But he can somehow turn his opponents aggression into power. He does have reflex, timing, conditioning, footwork, and speed and I feel like these are things you have to work for instead of just automatically being born with.

We know you like Bernard Hopkins...to bad Bernard doesn't like you.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      We know you like Bernard Hopkins...to bad Bernard doesn't like you.
      Boooo. You're wack.

Comment

Yea the less natural talents you have the smarter you have to be in certain aspects,but even fighters with crazy power still have to get trained on accuracy and timing to be able to deliver the power they poccess

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          Boooo. You're wack.
          Ok Bernard like you.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            Yea the less natural talents you have the smarter you have to be in certain aspects,but even fighters with crazy power still have to get trained on accuracy and timing to be able to deliver the power they poccess
            Of course. But like I said, they just have that head start.

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            Ok Bernard like you.
            K. You're not wack anymore.

Comment

every fighter has to work at it but some fighters are born with more natural talent

floyd mayweather is probably the most gifted boxer the sport has ever seen

but since 2002 he hasn't tested it

pacquiao is the most agressive wildman in the sport

his boxing skills are highly underatted aswell

Comment

What kind of fighters do you like?

For me, I'd have to say I like fighters like Bernard Hopkins. A boxer who can throw jabs and make it count. I never really liked the fighters with crazy power. Although they are entertaining to watch because of their knockouts, I feel like they have that...head start. They say punching power is born and not made, so I feel like some fighters are already blessed with something that they didn't really have to work for. I'm not saying they don't bust their asss. Just saying, if you're born with that natural power already, then you automatically have something over other fighters. Which is why Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather are 2 of my favorite fighters. Hopkins doesn't have crazy power or crazy speed, but there is a reason why he started later then a lot of fighters and finishing later than most fighters and still winning fights and that's because he has the basics down. Floyd Mayweather doesn't have crazy power either. But he can somehow turn his opponents aggression into power. He does have reflex, timing, conditioning, footwork, and speed and I feel like these are things you have to work for instead of just automatically being born with.
                Dunno, I think fighters can be gifted with more than just power and not all the gym work in the world can make someone a great fighter. There are a lot of fighters that work hard in the gym but get beat up in the ring just the same. Some skills can of course be honed in the gym but raw talent and ability has its roots in nature rather than nurture.

The reflexes, timing, conditioning, footwork and speed you talk about Mayweather having are God gifted abilities, abilities that were focused in the gym but not realized there. Some folks are just naturally better boxers while others have to work much harder just to compete.

Comment

Of course. But like I said, they just have that head start.

K. You're not wack anymore.
                  Not really cause some people are naturally more coordinated then others and its hard for some people to get their coordination right.look at sam peter..if he was more accurate and had more coordination he'd be 1 hell of a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
                    every fighter has to work at it but some fighters are born with more natural talent

floyd mayweather is probably the most gifted boxer the sport has ever seen

but since 2002 he hasn't tested it

pacquiao is the most agressive wildman in the sport

his boxing skills are highly underatted aswell
                    dont see how people say floyd hasnt tested himself since 2002 and he moslty been fighting current champions and p4p type fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X