No announcement yet.

will victor ortiz box again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will victor ortiz box again?

just reading on sky text that he has had to have a second operation on the broken jaw he recieved apparently the jaw didnt align with the the first op,i dont know if this has already been made into a thread just wanna get your guys opinions on weather he will be able to compete at the highest level again without further implications.

there was a boxing scene news story about it in the last few days.

as far as him fighting again, it could happen but i don't know if he'll be the same fighter after this. who knows if he has the desire to fight, when he quit against maidana it was because he said he didn't deserve to get injured or hurt, but now his nightmare has come true in a pretty severe fashion. there is a possibility he'll retire because of this injury. he's always going to be wary of the jaw breaking again, that's only natural, so if he did retire i wouldn't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      there was a boxing scene news story about it in the last few days.

as far as him fighting again, it could happen but i don't know if he'll be the same fighter after this. who knows if he has the desire to fight, when he quit against maidana it was because he said he didn't deserve to get injured or hurt, but now his nightmare has come true in a pretty severe fashion. there is a possibility he'll retire because of this injury. he's always going to be wary of the jaw breaking again, that's only natural, so if he did retire i wouldn't blame him.
      yeah thats the same thoughts as i was thinking he wasnt that mentally strong in the first place imo but now the jaw thing will be constantly on his mind its gonna be tough

Comment

I think he's in a hard spot.

It's a shame because the kid is a real talent and has all the attributes.

But sometimes it just doesn't come together, it hasn't for Ortiz, and he has not had the luck on his side.

I hope he fights again, but I can only foresee further "incidents" if he does.

Comment

yeah hes a tough character but i personally cant see him getting past this mental block in his head i really hope he does it would be a shame for such a talent to have his career cut short,has any other boxer not been able to continue there career because of a similar injury?

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post
            yeah hes a tough character but i personally cant see him getting past this mental block in his head i really hope he does it would be a shame for such a talent to have his career cut short,has any other boxer not been able to continue there career because of a similar injury?
            I can;t think of anyone so young, with that potential that has been derailed.

It's frustrating with ortiz, speed, power, good chin.

I mean honestly you have people jizzing their pants over a Brandon Rios, a 100% version of Victor Ortiz is capable of DEMOLISHING Brandon Rios, i mean just brutally destroying him

but we have never seen 100% Ortiz, against Berto was probably like 80%.

he doesn't use his brain

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I can;t think of anyone so young, with that potential that has been derailed.

It's frustrating with ortiz, speed, power, good chin.

I mean honestly you have people jizzing their pants over a Brandon Rios, a 100% version of Victor Ortiz is capable of DEMOLISHING Brandon Rios, i mean just brutally destroying him

but we have never seen 100% Ortiz, against Berto was probably like 80%.

he doesn't use his brain
              yeah i second that,ortiz likes to brawl then he just seems to lose it.the dude has serious potential if he does use his brain though it could be some time before we see him again

Comment

I hope so, his fights are awesome

Comment

I hope he takes a year off and come back stronger then ever. With a Real Man mentality cause right now he thinks as a child. let him go get some real world experiences outside of boxing to mature that mind of his. Only thing he has going thru that brain is his hate for his dad and boxing and both have pretty much turned their backs on him and he got stuck in that child mentality.

He needs the time off to recover fully and then come back.

Comment

Working...
                  X