No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Huck Eyes Haye Battle; Rules Out Afolabi and Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Huck Eyes Haye Battle; Rules Out Afolabi and Roy Jones

Marco Huck has told WBN that his next fight is likely to take place in October as the cruiserweight champion comes back from a disappointing draw with Ola Afolabi in May and will be hoping to secure his first victory for a year.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Marco Huck has told WBN that his next fight is likely to take place in October as the cruiserweight champion comes back from a disappointing draw with Ola Afolabi in May and will be hoping to secure his first victory for a year.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Yeeesssss

Comment

Mad respect to Huck for dismissing the idea of a Roy Jones cash grab.

Huck was supposed to fight the winner of Cunningham-Hernandez the first time around, I'd like to see him fight either guy.

Afolabi deserves a third try, but he should get back in the ring and get a couple good wins under his belt ASAP.

Comment

Did Huck just call "Superman" Jones a washed up old man, a has been...used to be world champion?!!. My sources are on this at this very moment. Expect a comment from Superman in the near future. I will say this....whoever has a title....RJ wants it!! Period!! Although Jones is set on Wlodarczyk or the IBO Title, Huck can get it too as long as he's holding that CW Title.
        Last edited by jray100k; 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jray100k View Post
          Did Huck just call "Superman" Jones a washed up old man, a has been...used to be world champion?!!. My sources are on this at this very moment. Expect a comment from Superman in the near future. I will say this....whoever has a title....RJ wants it!! Period!! Although Jones is set on Wlodarczyk or the IBO Title, Huck can get it too as long as he's holding that CW Title.
          Where have you been? Jones got dropped and only eeked out a SD against a pillow-fisted late replacement in Poland a few weeks ago. And the fight before that, he went 10 awful rounds with a 14-5 guy that hadn't fought in two years.

It's a goddamn shame, but Jones can't fight anymore and would be no challenge for Huck. Roy just needs money.

Comment

I would love to see Huck vs. Kayode!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Where have you been? Jones got dropped and only eeked out a SD against a pillow-fisted late replacement in Poland a few weeks ago. And the fight before that, he went 10 awful rounds with a 14-5 guy that hadn't fought in two years.

It's a goddamn shame, but Jones can't fight anymore and would be no challenge for Huck. Roy just needs money.
              Jones will be a underdog in a fight against Huck but I never bet against RJ. Huck vs Jones will never happen but I do believe Jones will win against Wlodarczyk. Wlodarczyk vs Jones will be a huge fight in Poland and you heard it here first...Jones will get the unanimous decision win.

Comment

Originally posted by jray100k View Post
                Jones will be a underdog in a fight against Huck but I never bet against RJ. Huck vs Jones will never happen but I do believe Jones will win against Wlodarczyk. Wlodarczyk vs Jones will be a huge fight in Poland and you heard it here first...Jones will get the unanimous decision win.
                Wlodarczyk hits hard and Jones' chin is jelly. Roy got dropped by a guy with like a 20% KO rate against bums last time. Roys handspeed and IQ remain, but his footwork and coordination is gone. Roy is out of there within six.

Believe me man, I was the hugest Jones fan growing up and I got nothin' but love for Roy, but he needs to think about his health and retire. He has a job at HBO and nothing left to prove in the ring.

Comment

Huck would put Jones in a casket.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Wlodarczyk hits hard and Jones' chin is jelly. Roy got dropped by a guy with like a 20% KO rate against bums last time. Roys handspeed and IQ remain, but his footwork and coordination is gone. Roy is out of there within six.

Believe me man, I was the hugest Jones fan growing up and I got nothin' but love for Roy, but he needs to think about his health and retire. He has a job at HBO and nothing left to prove in the ring.
                    Bro...I think if he gets one more big win he'll call it a day. I'm hoping RJ gets his title shot against Wlodarczyk or maybe a run at the IBO CW Title against Tarver or Kayode if they strip the IBO title from Tarver.

I do agree that he has nothing left to prove but something tells me that Superman has enough left in the tank to get that last major W and then I'm almost sure he'll hang em up.
                    Last edited by jray100k; 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X