• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ironmike- View Post
    Welcome back, Malone
    Yes a long time Michael

Comment

One of those fights that makes you question your love of boxing.
      I was a big supporter of Benn and was cheering him on and had great respect for McClellan.
      As a fight it was as exciting a fight as you could see and I love to rewatch fights but I have never watched that fight again

Comment

I dont believe all the BS when people say there was something wrong with McClellan before the fight...usually dubious opinions by the pro McClellan crowd complaining about the ref ,rabbit punches ,headbutts ,and long counts etc etc !
        What we need to remember was Benn wasn't a bad fighter/puncher himself and that Gerald McClellan hadn't prepared properly.
        He had fallen out with Manny Steward, and wound up with a corner that included a guy he had met just three weeks earlier and who had never been a second before. I can't help thinking someone like Steward would have realised long before the fight was over that something was wrong because television replays show McClellan blinking in his corner from midway through the fight !

Its been documented many times that the doctor pleeded with the family not to move him but the family had none of it and took him home far to early to the states !

Another thing he did wrong was underestimate Benns resilience/heart ......it all went wrong that night ..didn't it

BTW Benn v McClellan is one of only three world title fights i eva bought a ring side ticket for !..

Comment

Working...
        X