No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog vs. Gennady Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    What about HBO? They basically threw him under the bus after he KOed their hypejob, Jacobs. They didnt even bring a damn translator for him. He puts in a breakout performance with a stunning KO and HBO does nothing. Gotta keep those millions in Berto and Alexanders pockets I guess!
    yeah, exactly. they were leaning towards jacobs winning the fight, but when he got upset, they didn't try to showcase pirog anymore. i'm sure if he decides to fight someone like quillin or another decent fighter at 160, they'll probably show him on an undercard. regardless of hbo, i haven't seen much of pirog asking for big fights, it seems he's okay with doing whatever. i remember seeing an interview of him and they asked if he wants martinez, he said martinez is the best middleweight right now and he'd wouldn't mind a shot at him. always he's up for it, but it didn't seem like he's focus on fighting the top of the division. not sure how he feels about sturm, but idk, i think he just needs to fight fighters within the top 25 of the division, possibly the more known names, the better. i'm telling you though, pirog/quillin would be a good fight. pirog/golovkin would be the best fight at middleweight that doesn't include martinez.
    Last edited by chiguy91; 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
      If Andy Lee gets past Vera next weekend, I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Pirog next.
      Yes, Lee-Pirog on HBO would be okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        What about HBO? They basically threw him under the bus after he KOed their hypejob, Jacobs. They didnt even bring a damn translator for him. He puts in a breakout performance with a stunning KO and HBO does nothing. Gotta keep those millions in Berto and Alexanders pockets I guess!
        u can blame hbo, i dont mind that. pirog definitely deserved another shot. with that said, the truth in boxing has always been if u continue to beat quality opponents and u do it consistently, they will have no choice but to notice u. pirogs team seems to want to remain at the euro level. the thing is, there are plenty of top quality euro fighters for him to fight as well, they litter the middle weight division, yet he doesnt do that either. i dont get it...

Comment

• Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
          I doubt Sturm or Martinez fight him anytime soon. Sturm seems content fighting over in Germany (Would Pirog want to fight there, knowing he'd probably need a KO to win?) and Martinez is looking for a big $$$ fight. Too much risk, too little reward IMO for them to fight Pirog. Agree on the Chavez Jr. comment, no way the BobFather lets him near a credible opponent anytime soon.

If Andy Lee gets past Vera next weekend, I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Pirog next.
          naw, dibella is fixed on putting together lee/macklin if lee gets past vera. peter quillin wants a shot at martinez, and dibella offered him a deal. if he beats pirog he'll get martinez. hopefully the WINNER would get martinez, if they go after it after that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            naw, dibella is fixed on putting together lee/macklin if lee gets past vera. peter quillin wants a shot at martinez, and dibella offered him a deal. if he beats pirog he'll get martinez. hopefully the WINNER would get martinez, if they go after it after that fight.
            how did dibella offer him a deal,If he dont even promote pirog?lol
            Martinez should be fighting pirog next.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              how did dibella offer him a deal,If he dont even promote pirog?lol
              Martinez should be fighting pirog next.
              because dibella is martinez's promoter. quillin can't get a fight going with martinez unless he talks to dibella....does that make sense to you?

he told quillin to get a fight together with pirog, beat him, and then he gets a shot at martinez.
              Last edited by chiguy91; 09-25-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                because dibella is martinez's promoter. quillin can't get a fight going with martinez unless he talks to dibella....does that make sense to you?
                Yeah i know dibella promotes martinez.But u said he gave qulliin a deal
                to beat pirog and he gets martinez.What if pirog dont want to fight quillin?
                I'm pretty sure pirog wants big fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  Yeah i know dibella promotes martinez.But u said he gave qulliin a deal
                  to beat pirog and he gets martinez.What if pirog dont want to fight quillin?
                  I'm pretty sure pirog wants big fights.
                  well if pirog doesn't want to fight quillin, then that's their problem right there. i'm sure dibella said this to get quillin off martinez's back. if pirog would fight quillin on an american broadcast though, that would only benefit his career. get his name out there some more, you know? we'll see if quillin pursues that fight or not. it'd be a pretty good fight, and i'm pretty sure hbo would want to show it on some undercard.

Comment

Working...
                  X