No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Peterson Likely For December 10, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Peterson Likely For December 10, Says Schaefer

Richard, Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, has advised BoxingScene.com that Amir Khan's next opponent is likely going to be his IBF mandatory, Lamont Peterson. The fight is going to take place on December 10, with Las Vegas being the frontrunner to host.

[Click Here To Read More]

morales was favourite while he was in position to sweep up the WBC belt against some nobody. now its matthysse - GBP and TK are switching attention to Peterson. they want no part of Matthysse thats obvious. quack quack.

Comment

Nice!

I give Khan tons of props if he takes this fight, Peterson is very underrated on here.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
        morales was favourite while he was in position to sweep up the WBC belt against some nobody. now its matthysse - GBP and TK are switching attention to Peterson. they want no part of Matthysse thats obvious. quack quack.
        I think Peterson would outbox Matthysee in 12

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I think Peterson would outbox Matthysee in 12
          Yeah, I agree with this. Matthysse is way to slow. Peterson was able to deal with Ortiz' power and size pretty well. I don't see how Matthysse beats him. He won't have the power to KO him and he sure as hell isn't going to outbox him.

This is a great fight though. A Tim Bradley fight would be the best choice, but I guess he's too busy trying to build brand Bradley.

Comment

a lot better than the proposed khan/morales, let's see if peterson can do something.

Comment

Good solid fight, would of preferred to see him face the winner of Matthyse-Morales for another belt but it is a quick turnaround for those two fight at the start of December I guess.

Comment

Peterson would kick Msttysse's ass. Both Matts and Morales are ****ting themselves at facing Khan.

Most avoided 140 pounder = Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Nice!

I give Khan tons of props if he takes this fight, Peterson is very underrated on here.

Only a true nut hugger gives a fighter credit for actually fighting his mandatory.

Let's not forget the only reason he fought Maidana was because it was a mandatory, and that fight had to go to purse bid as well as Khan continually low balled Maidana in the negotiations.

Here we see the same thing, Khan low balling Peterson, and Peterson in turn forcing the purse bid to secure his deserved %.

When a dangerous fighter is not Khan's mandatory he doesn't stand a chance of getting the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Froghead99 View Post
                    Peterson would kick Msttysse's ass. Both Matts and Morales are ****ting themselves at facing Khan.

Most avoided 140 pounder = Khan.
                    neither maidana or matthysse are ****ting themselves at facing khan ffs...why would they..he has belts..they have none. they would fight him any day of the ****ing week as long as the money is respectful.

man, if u think a contender is gonna pass up an opportunity to fight a champion when he has even a punchers chance you know a ton of **** all about the sport

Comment

Working...
                    X