Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwame Asante: Clottey will KO Cotto in 3 rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwame Asante: Clottey will KO Cotto in 3 rounds!

Controversial boxing coach Kwame Asante confidently predicted that Joshua Clottey can knock out Miguel Cotto in three rounds when the two boxers trade punches on June 13 in the famed Madison Square Garden of New York, New York.

“I told Joshua that if it goes past three rounds, I’d be mad at him,” Asante said in an interview with Gabriel Montoya of MaxBoxing.com.

Asante said if Cotto tries outwitting Clottey with his "boxing skills," it's very likely that the Puerto Rican champion will get himself into trouble.

“If he tries to box Joshua, he’ll get killed,” Asante warned Cotto, saying that the Puerto Rican's new trainer, Joe Santiago, cannot do much to help Cotto at this point.

“He’s going to try and make him a better boxer but obviously it’s hard to make change someone at this late stage of their career,” noted Asante.

He added, “I’ve been with Joshua eight years and I’ve never tried to change him. Just improve on what we do. And so Miguel Cotto and Santiago are like black and white. Their styles are totally different. I think the best way for Miguel Cotto to fight this fight (is) to fight like he does.”

Meanwhile, Asante also said he is delighted with Clottey’s progress in his training sessions in the Poconos and the Bronx.

“He’s sharp. He’s boxing really well. We’ve got the game plan all worked out and I’m really happy with where he is at,” he added.

If this happens I will be a very rich man. The odds for Clottey are insane.

Comment

I did some research on Clottey and I came up with this

1 ko (Jose Luis Cruz) in 5 years

15 of his 20 ko came over opponents that had a combine record of 3-23

I mean this guy is not a power puncher.

Cotto will beat the hell out of Clottey

Comment

who???......

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
          controversial boxing coach kwame asante confidently predicted that joshua clottey can knock out miguel cotto in three rounds when the two boxers trade punches on june 13 in the famed madison square garden of new york, new york.

“i told joshua that if it goes past three rounds, i’d be mad at him,” asante said in an interview with gabriel montoya of maxboxing.com.

Asante said if cotto tries outwitting clottey with his "boxing skills," it's very likely that the puerto rican champion will get himself into trouble.

“if he tries to box joshua, he’ll get killed,” asante warned cotto, saying that the puerto rican's new trainer, joe santiago, cannot do much to help cotto at this point.

“he’s going to try and make him a better boxer but obviously it’s hard to make change someone at this late stage of their career,” noted asante.

He added, “i’ve been with joshua eight years and i’ve never tried to change him. Just improve on what we do. And so miguel cotto and santiago are like black and white. Their styles are totally different. I think the best way for miguel cotto to fight this fight (is) to fight like he does.”

meanwhile, asante also said he is delighted with clottey’s progress in his training sessions in the poconos and the bronx.

“he’s sharp. He’s boxing really well. We’ve got the game plan all worked out and i’m really happy with where he is at,” he added.
          this dude smoking too much crack

Comment

That's Clottey trainer?!? LOL

Comment

gimmie a ****in' break,
              clottey doesnt have the workrate, or the power to KO cotto.

Comment

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Comment

Kwame has gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic View Post
                    I did some research on Clottey and I came up with this

1 ko (Jose Luis Cruz) in 5 years

15 of his 20 ko came over opponents that had a combine record of 3-23

I mean this guy is not a power puncher.

Cotto will beat the hell out of Clottey
                    corrales and judah wouldve been ko'd they wouldnt have seen round 12.....he doesnt have 1 punch power but alot of his fights have been 10 rounders......also the real question is how is cottos punch resistance after margarito because michel jennings didnt tell us anything.....

Comment

Working...
                    X