No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury's mouth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Let me start off by saying that I like Fury. I think he's improving and his mouth and Charisma will get people to pay attention to not only him, but the sport. There is an old saying that goes "even bad publicity is good publicity". That said, Why is it ok in the minds of some posters for Fury to be arrogant and insulting, but its different for fighters like Hopkins, Mallignaggi, Toney, Broner, Pazienza or Mayweather (who I personally cannot stand for a number of reasons)? Is there that much of a difference?
    Fury is goofy and just taking the pizz out of people. It's all a game. You're so naive you can't see that??

Comment

Fury is hilarious.

It's alright, "big stiff idiot" and "gay lover" is just banter.

Even low key racism like "I'll never lose to a whiteboy" is alright in my mind. I didn't lose any more respect for Hopkins because of it. Same situation when he threw down the Puerto Rico flag, it's just pre-fight hype to build it up.

I'm not sure when the line gets crossed, probably when you question peoples honour and integrity or actually insult their person like Ali did to Frazier.

"He's the other type Negro, he's not like me, there's two types of slaves. Joe Frazier is worse than you.(a whiteman)...he works for the enemy"

That is crossing the line in my opinion.

Comment

fury is hilarious, those other fighters aren't. i don't mind paulie, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Fury is hilarious.

It's alright, "big stiff idiot" and "gay lover" is just banter.

Even low key racism like "I'll never lose to a whiteboy" is alright in my mind. I didn't lose any more respect for Hopkins because of it. Same situation when he threw down the Puerto Rico flag, it's just pre-fight hype to build it up.

I'm not sure when the line gets crossed, probably when you question peoples honour and integrity or actually insult their person like Ali did to Frazier.

"He's the other type Negro, he's not like me, there's two types of slaves. Joe Frazier is worse than you.(a whiteman)...he works for the enemy"

That is crossing the line in my opinion.
          Crossing the line is wearing a t-shirt with the decapitated head of your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
            Fury is goofy and just taking the pizz out of people. It's all a game. You're so naive you can't see that??
            So what's the difference when the others do it? Its not all a mind game? Why is it ok for some and not others?

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
              Crossing the line is wearing a t-shirt with the decapitated head of your opponent.
              Why? What is so bad about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                I bet you loved hopkins "white boy" comments didn't you

Probably busted nuts all over your pants when he said that, you racist bastard
                How am I racist? I don't have a problem with blacks, whites, asians or anyone. Just because I don't support fighters from England, doesn't make me racist, you racist bastard. lol

Comment

None of those others can sing like this! A lot of what Fury says is entirely tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

None of those others can sing like this! A lot of what Fury says is entirely tongue in cheek.
                    Lol, gotta say I enjoyed that. The guy is definitely a character.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      So what's the difference when the others do it? Its not all a mind game? Why is it ok for some and not others?
                      You make a good point. I remember recently Fury twitted a comment with 'Heil Hitler' in it somewhere and nobody seemed to react where in contrast Floyd made a comment about Jeremy Lin and everyone went crazy.

Either Fury is so insignificant that what he says doesn't reach mainstream cogitation or that some people are willing to adopt double standards for whatever reasons when it comes to different individuals.

Comment

Working...
                      X