No announcement yet.

Banks and Corporations who get taxpayer money should be drug tested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
    Yes. What you are going to find is that the bail outs have increased debt and postponed and increased the problem.
    The bail-outs have bought more time. Refusing to bail out the banks would have simply brought them down immediately and with it the loss of many thousands more homes, many thousands more jobs, a possible run on currency from the banks, the collapse of other banks and a worldwide depression.

Bailing out the banks was not a solution to the debt crisis, but it was a necessary step which is why both the democrats and the republicans were pushing for it to happen.

The bail outs have not solved the banking crisis it has delayed the inevitable. The $ and £ is losing it's value against real commodities. The reason gold has shot through the roof is because the wholesale printing of money (quantative easing) has flooded the system with new paper which erodes the value of your dollar.
    Hey I've got a good idea, we could go back to the gold standard, a system which guaranteed economic stasis and stagnation! This seems to be the automatic retreat of people who don't understand economics pretending that they understand economics.

The bail outs are like a bankrupt spending on credit cards to give the impression of being solvent .
    No, it's absolutely nothing like that.

All it has done is increase the rot,delayed the inevitable and made the inevitable worse..
    If the inevitable is going to be bad don't you think it's a good idea to delay it? The biggest problem was that once the auto makers and the banks were bailed out the wingnut media and politicians saw political capital to be made from characterising bailouts as something negative which means that the massive public works projects didn't get funded and the economy did not get the resultant shot in the arm.

I also think that there was an issue of accountability that should have been written into the bailout project to ensure repayment by the banks in question such as suspension of executive bonuses, limits on shareholder dividends etc until the bailout cash was repaid.

It's worth pointing out that Canada is doing relatively well out of this recession and didn't encounter nearly the trouble that the US did for a number of reasons, at least one of which was the robust banking system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
      they should have life without parole but instead they get even more money for their **** ups.
      this man argrees with u.

tbh i just wanted an excuse to post this, i love this guy lol!!

Comment

squealpiggy, You have gone way way down in my estimation with your last post. I thought you had a brain instead you regurgitated the spin that has been put on TV to justify the bailouts. I am not going to bother argue with you any more because a man who argues with a fool is a fool and clearly that is exactly what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Bailing out the banks was not a solution to the debt crisis, but it was a necessary step which is why both the democrats and the republicans were pushing for it to happen.
          Well the overwhelming majority of the Republicans in the House voted against TARP, with 19 ayes, 156 nos and 4 no votes, though the Senate was a different story - a lot higher % voting for it, including a majority of Republicans.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-26
          http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00212

We can speculate all we want about what would've happened without TARP's passage, but it's highly unlikely that the housing market would still be as bad as it is today.

I'm torn about it. When you force banks to make toxic loans, you should feel responsible when those loans inevitably default. But if a run on the banks had occurred, we'd have been a lot worse off, at least in the short term.

One thing is certain, the vibrant recovery that usually follows a recession definitely hasn't followed this one, in spite of (or perhaps because of) numerous "fixes" and trillions of borrowed dollars spent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...worst-WW2.html

My guy McCotter making a spirited case against TARP:

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            The great depression was not caused by deficit spending or social welfare, it was caused by the collapse of the banks. Do you think that we would be in a better state now if the banks that were bailed out were allowed to collapse taking peoples' deposits with them?
            I don't think the bailouts have done anything other than to prolong the illusion that any of these banks are solvent. They didn't just decide to collapse foar teh lulz, they collapsed then and now because the people running them are greedy and too powerful.

And its not like other good banks couldn't rise up to take their place if these banks are allowed to fall. Its always the same parasites banks (Bofa, citi, jp morgan, goldman, wells fargo). There's tons of smaller and local banks that haven't engaged in the kind of derivative chicanery they have that would gladly grow up around them and take their place.

Anyway, point is, I want drug testing because its obvious these guys are not right.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              who is she
              This............

Comment

Originally posted by dj Raccoon View Post
                This............
                I dunno. She's just part of mai loli' collection.

Comment

MOAR!

Comment

You can tell she's fat.

The first one though...

Comment

I like her face, hair and bewbz.

Comment

Working...
                      X