Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz: who will you be rooting for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good fight- I'm not rooting for anybody.

Hope it happens.

Comment

considering this fight isnt even happening Id say this is a pointless thread. And Mayweather would have his way with Ortiz, no problem

Comment

Interesting fight if it does take place.

Ortiz has a better chance than most think.
        1) Floyd has fought twice in 3 years. He might have more than just a little ring rust.
        2) Ortiz is a natural welter weight.
        3) It only takes one punch to turn the fight around and that would be one of Victor's advantage.

I don't think this fight will happen because unlike Berto, Ortiz doesn't telegraph his punches as much. This would be a great risk with little reward for Mayweather. The last time he made a business decision like that was when he fought Castillo.

Ortiz is still hungry for acceptance and if he can take a Berto bomb he can take a Floyd potshot.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
          Interesting fight if it does take place.

Ortiz has a better chance than most think.
          1) Floyd has fought twice in 3 years. He might have more than just a little ring rust.
          2) Ortiz is a natural welter weight.
          3) It only takes one punch to turn the fight around and that would be one of Victor's advantage.

I don't think this fight will happen because unlike Berto, Ortiz doesn't telegraph his punches as much. This would be a great risk with little reward for Mayweather. The last time he made a business decision like that was when he fought Castillo.

Ortiz is still hungry for acceptance and if he can take a Berto bomb he can take a Floyd potshot.
          Ortiz didn't take a Berto bomb....the first punch was a glancing blow...had it landed flush it would have been lights out.

Go back and look at the first knock down..

Berto didn't throw any bodyshots..Floyd will throw plenty.

Comment

Fights not happening. Both Ortiz and Floyd denied it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
              Fights not happening. Both Ortiz and Floyd denied it.
              Floyd denied he was fighting Mosley.

Comment

Mayweather. I want to see Mayweather vs Pacquaio so I need both fighters winning.

Comment

Ortiz FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
                    Ortiz didn't take a Berto bomb....the first punch was a glancing blow...had it landed flush it would have been lights out.

Go back and look at the first knock down..

Berto didn't throw any bodyshots..Floyd will throw plenty.
                    Berto wasn't known as a one punch KO artist but he has more one shot punching power than Mayweather. That was my point.

Floyd would be playing the dodge the punch game with Ortiz. A game, I admit, he has been very good at playing over the years with lesser punchers. Victor has a punchers chance because he can take Floyd's power pot shot. Right now none of us can say Mayweather can take a power shot on the button from Ortiz. That's what makes the fight at least a little interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
                      Berto wasn't known as a one punch KO artist but he has more one shot punching power than Mayweather. That was my point.

Floyd would be playing the dodge the punch game with Ortiz. A game, I admit, he has been very good at playing over the years with lesser punchers. Victor has a punchers chance because he can take Floyd's power pot shot. Right now none of us can say Mayweather can take a power shot on the button from Ortiz. That's what makes the fight at least a little interesting.
                      Ortiz couldn't hit Floyd with rice at a wedding.

You don't know for sure if Ortiz can take Floyd's punches...after getting jabbed to the belly for a few rounds he'd be looking for a soft spot on the canvas to rest his weary,overrated bones.

Ortiz is a sucker for right hands..Floyd would have him spinning around like a figure skater.

Comment

Working...
                      X