Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some good comeback fights for Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His fight vs obesity

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      You know, there might the makings of a pretty good old-timer's tourney around and about 140-150lbs. You gotta' be older than 35 and have 40+ fights under your belt or something. Maybe you gotta' be a former champ. Etc...

You could maybe throw Barrera into that mix. Morales is already there and JMM ain't far from it if he isn't ready now.

Who else?
      JLC
      Junior Witter
      Nate Campbell
      Both Randall Baily and Joan Guzman would also fit but both are still in the real picture.
      Zab Judah is 34

With the guys you listed, Chop Chop and Hatton they could really make something like that work.

Comment

A fight against Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          His fight vs obesity
          It's a back and forth battle in which he is winning right now.

Someone posted a recent pic of him and he's getting in much better shape.

Comment

Hatton v maidan a would be a good one not sure Hatton would fancy that as a comeback fight though , he will probley go for someone like John Murray In Manchester if he does make a comeback

Comment

Malignaggi

if he wins that then fight Juan Manuel Marquez (Smoger to ref)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
                Hatton v maidan a would be a good one not sure Hatton would fancy that as a comeback fight though , he will probley go for someone like John Murray In Manchester if he does make a comeback
                Good shout!

I guess the Khan fight is the end game. British super fight which could be genuinely enthralling.

Comment

I hear people talking about a Malinaggi fight and I get the reasons, Pauli hits very lightly with his brittle hands, but at this stage I don't like that fight.

I think Malinaggi is at a good place for himself right now, in good physical shape and is sharp, where as Hatton is all rust and stamina issues at this point...

I could see the fight being a solid one sided UD loss for Hatton that completely stalls any comeback even if he doesn't get KOed or busted up too horrifically.

If Hatton is back, he'd have to be mentally back, too - meaning able to pressure and use his confidence and determination to bully guys.

In a lot of ways, in the sense of technical skill, I feel like Maidana would be a better fight for a Hatton comeback, even though I get it's more traditionally dangerous....

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                    I hear people talking about a Malinaggi fight and I get the reasons, Pauli hits very lightly with his brittle hands, but at this stage I don't like that fight.

I think Malinaggi is at a good place for himself right now, in good physical shape and is sharp, where as Hatton is all rust and stamina issues at this point...

I could see the fight being a solid one sided UD loss for Hatton that completely stalls any comeback even if he doesn't get KOed or busted up too horrifically.

If Hatton is back, he'd have to be mentally back, too - meaning able to pressure and use his confidence and determination to bully guys.

In a lot of ways, in the sense of technical skill, I feel like Maidana would be a better fight for a Hatton comeback, even though I get it's more traditionally dangerous....
                    Part of me would love to see Hatton v Maidana, but we just don't know if Ricky's chin is still up to it. For a comeback fight, Malignaggi is a better choice imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      morales or marquez would be awesome. as for the tune-up -- how about matthew hatton? proper clash of the titans, that one.
                      Morales sounds nice, if he can return to his old form. Marquez would be tricky for him. Malignaggi, Morales, or call up a 140 pounder. (From the standpoint of a Hatton handler).

You don't want Hatton in a war his first fight or 2 back. You want guys with names.

Comment

Working...
                      X