No announcement yet.

Why is Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Brook?

Now considered to be on similar levels with Khan after beating Saldivia, Saldivia was crap didnt want to know.

What did Brook do in that fight that has now all of a sudden made him such a better fighter and world level?

To me the Saldivia fights tells us nothing more other than Brook looked alot stronger, we dont know if he was fitter, we only know he stopped a fighter who clearly wasnt up for it.

His next fights tells us everything....

Because he's a very skilled fighter who has earned a world title shot by working his way up, and with the exception of being gassed for 6 rounds of one fight (a fight in which he dominated until tiring), has always looked very good.

While Khan is coming off back-to-back losses and has no punch resistance. People talk about Brook not fighting at world level yet and while it's true, lets remember that Khan was put on the floor more than once and knocked out in less than 2 minutes before he reached world level. Time will tell us how good Brook is, my money is on very good.

Comment

Yeah I also think he is a very skilled fighter, I didn't mean this to sound negative towards Brook, I like him and would like to see him be a world champion.

Its just the way alot of people including pundits after that fight regard him higher than they did before? to me he's still the same, I suppose the fact he is now a contender for a title make him the same as Khan, just not sure he's been where Khan has and come through the other end, maybe he wont maybe he's too good for that.

Time will tell, I'd like to see Brook win a title then go for Khan.

Comment

Pundits generally tend to get over-excited in the aftermath of a fight.

Saldivia was actually ranked higher than Brook by the IBF (I believe it was the IBF) so it was a good win in that regard, but I agree it didn't make me rate Kell any higher than I already did as I expected him to win in good fashion.

Comment

Its all hype i believed before this fight he will get to world level and its clearly obvious hes getting better and better and so is the rank of his opponents,look at rios win over alvarado all of a sudden hes a match for pacquiao its a crazy world we live in my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
            I suppose the fact he is now a contender for a title make him the same as Khan, just not sure he's been where Khan has and come through the other end, maybe he wont maybe he's too good for that.

Time will tell, I'd like to see Brook win a title then go for Khan.
            I hear what your saying but its strange what you say about not being were kahn has and come threw,i persume you mean MAIDANA PETERSON GARCIA those fights are 140lbs brook fights 147lbs what kahn went threw with maidana was self imposed similar to what brook went threw with carson jones,as for peterson garcia were he went he did not come threw due to lack of some boxing fundementals which i think brook has alot more of hes a smarter fighter and would be less likely to stand in the positions kahn puts himself in.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
              Now considered to be on similar levels with Khan after beating Saldivia, Saldivia was crap didnt want to know.

What did Brook do in that fight that has now all of a sudden made him such a better fighter and world level?

To me the Saldivia fights tells us nothing more other than Brook looked alot stronger, we dont know if he was fitter, we only know he stopped a fighter who clearly wasnt up for it.

His next fights tells us everything....
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Spot on, now suddenly Brook is ready for Khan, Youc can't gauge wather Brook is ready for Khan by beating a guy most people didn't know exsisted and wasn't game.

Now Khan is with Virgil Hunter, now I remember the first few fights Khan had with Roach and his gloves were always up, he punched in combination and got out of there, and kept his chin tucked in.

Then Khan shoved his head up his own arse again somehow survived the onslaught from Maidana in round 10 and went back to thinking he could blast every opponent out of there toe to toe and were back to this stage.

If he goes back to fighting the way he fought Malinaggi, Barrera, although past their primes that style suited his speed and chin.

If thats the case I think he beats Brook, because frankly I've seen nothing but glimpses of excellence from Brook against lets face it awful opposistion.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
                I hear what your saying but its strange what you say about not being were kahn has and come threw,i persume you mean MAIDANA PETERSON GARCIA those fights are 140lbs brook fights 147lbs what kahn went threw with maidana was self imposed similar to what brook went threw with carson jones,as for peterson garcia were he went he did not come threw due to lack of some boxing fundementals which i think brook has alot more of hes a smarter fighter and would be less likely to stand in the positions kahn puts himself in.
                Yes I was talking about coming back from defeat or coming through a fight where you had to dig deep show heart, but good point on Carson Jones being a comparison as he did show alot of heart in the last few to get through it.

It's definately a huge fight in the making, Khan has fought more world level operator's ok lost to his last few but probably due to his own doing, again Brook might not let that happen but we dont know, back to Carson Jones fight.... it did, he survived! only until he fights a world level fighter wil lwe know if he as learned / improved.

I also take you point on Ring savvy, I think Brook probably has more of it..
                Last edited by rampant; 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

It's interesting but seeing as a fight would happen at 147 Brook does look like a fully fledged 147 fighter or at least being very close to that. He looked exceptionally strong and stronger than I've ever seen him and I can see why certain people are getting over-hyped especially because Khan has never been to 147 so we don't know how he'll cope there and the fact he's been rocked several times throughout his career, people are beliving that Brook will do the same.

It's impossible to say at this stage and until Brook has actually boxed someone of a higher calibre. Like some have said his next fight will tell us everything to an extent.

It's the biggest test of his career assuming he fights for a title against Devon or someone like that.

A Khan - Brook fight would be epic though. I'd like them to build it up a bit more though, potentially a really good rivalry.

I don't know how far Brook can go to be honest but I've been impressed with him.

Comment

as far as Khan and Kell go, Khan is better when hes smart, and would outpoint Brook in a hardfought fight. Dumb Khan would get KOed by Brook, who doesnt mess about in the ring from what I seen. Either fight would be amazing to watch.

I am sure Brook knows he'd get beat by smart Khan, he would not risk his record against the Northern lad, at least not yet.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X