No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Set To Earn Record Purse in Cotto Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Set To Earn Record Purse in Cotto Clash

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather will earn the biggest guaranteed purse in boxing history, $32 million, when he fights Miguel Cotto, according to contracts filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

[Click Here To Read More]

Where is Check_hooks?

Comment

Ah so it is guranteed purse. It doesn't mean 32 mil + PPV.

It means he will get that and if the fight reaches a certain amount of PPV, he can earn more, but it isn't that figure alone.

For example if the fight did only 200K PPV, May would get 32 mil but the fight would make a lost so he wouldn't make more.

GURANTEE purse is the key. A lot on here are too dumb to know whar it means.

Heck he promotes himself so he can say any gurantee to himself like any other man can. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
        Ah so it is guranteed purse. It doesn't mean 32 mil + PPV.

It means he will get that and if the fight reaches a certain amount of PPV, he can earn more, but it isn't that figure alone.

For example if the fight did only 200K PPV, May would get 32 mil but the fight would make a lost so he wouldn't make more.

GURANTEE purse is the key. A lot on here are too dumb to know whar it means.

Heck he promotes himself so he can say any gurantee to himself like any other man can. LOL.
        Floyd buys out the promotion, He pays golden boy a set fee, he pays cotto a set fee, he invests his OWN money into the fight, and he keeps the rest of the ENTIRE pot..Golden boy is already paid, and they wont get a penny more

Comment

but i thought floyd fans said he made 40 mill for his ortiz fight !!!! ha ha ha floyds pay check is going down because the fans are tired of his shinanigans !!!!!!

Comment

The fight has to sell 750K at 60 dollars to make 45 Mil.

The purses for all are under 45M I think.

This does not include what HBO make and GBP etc...

So I guess to earn a lot more, you need to do way over 1 mil.

The gate may be 20 Mil I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
              but i thought floyd fans said he made 40 mill for his ortiz fight !!!!
              I think they were including the ppv revenue with the guaranteed purse to get that figure

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Floyd buys out the promotion, He pays golden boy a set fee, he pays cotto a set fee, he invests his OWN money into the fight, and he keeps the rest of the ENTIRE pot..Golden boy is already paid, and they wont get a penny more
                I read Cotto gets some PPV? May be a rumour.

Floyd will get rich either way.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                  but i thought floyd fans said he made 40 mill for his ortiz fight !!!! ha ha ha floyds pay check is going down because the fans are tired of his shinanigans !!!!!!
                  it was 25 guaranteed and the potential to make 40 mil if they sold 1.4 million ppvs

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                    I read Cotto gets some PPV? May be a rumour.

Floyd will get rich either way.
                    Apart of the deal, was if its a huge upscale on ppv, Cotto will get a piece...it was the same for the Ortiz fight

Comment

Working...
                    X