Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken Overlin inducted into Hall Of Fame Class of 2015.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Overlin inducted into Hall Of Fame Class of 2015.

Deserved, and about time, I would say.

Now we just need Booker, Kingpetch and others to get their rightful place.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Deserved, and about time, I would say.

Now we just need Booker, Kingpetch and others to get their rightful place.
    What do you think was overlin's best trait/moment in the sport..

I agree that the others you mentioned should be in...

What do you think about the other selections... I'm kinda shocked that bowe got in so quickly..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      What do you think was overlin's best trait/moment in the sport..

I agree that the others you mentioned should be in...

What do you think about the other selections... I'm kinda shocked that bowe got in so quickly..
      Got to be beating a young undefeated Ezzard Charles!!!

Glad the Prince is finally in, not surprised at Bowe.

Thought there are better options than Mancini.

Who else got in, just read it but I can't remember ha.

Comment

About time!

Comment

Don't think Booker is ever getting in unfortunately, if he was going too he'd be in already with a resume like his, don't understand why he's been so overlooked he's never even been on any nominations list, ****in silly.

It's not even like there's a lack of information out there on him which is making them hesitant about putting him in, he's top 3 Murderer's Row with Burley n Williams (Can't quite remember if Williams was in there but it feels like he was). Pisses me off every year when people that aren't even close too his level are getting in easy.
          Last edited by NChristo; 12-05-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            Don't think Booker is ever getting in unfortunately, if he was going too he'd be in already with a resume like his, don't understand why he's been so overlooked he's never even been on any nominations list, ****in silly.

It's not even like there's a lack of information out there on him which is making them hesitant about putting him in, he's top 3 Murderer's Row with Burley n Williams (Can't quite remember if Williams was in there but it feels like he was). Pisses me off every year when people that aren't even close too his level are getting in easy.
            How much footage have you seen of Eddie Booker?

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
              How much footage have you seen of Eddie Booker?
              There is no footage but there's no / very little footage of plenty of boxers who have made it into the HOF whom are levels below Booker in terms of supposed skill and resume.
              Read plenty about him and he did more then enough too warrant a place in the hall.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                There is no footage but there's no / very little footage of plenty of boxers who have made it into the HOF whom are levels below Booker in terms of supposed skill and resume.
                Read plenty about him and he did more then enough too warrant a place in the hall.
                But can reading about a fighter tell you that he was clearly better than others that have got in? I suppose I don't know what particular others you have in mind.

I don't necessarily disagree that he should be in the hall of fame, he probably isn't any less deserving than Ken Overlin.

Comment

I don't know too much about Ken Overlin so I don't really have anything to add.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I don't know too much about Ken Overlin so I don't really have anything to add.
                    An old timer, a very good Middleweight.

Like many others of his era padded his record with a lot of weak opponents, took some bad L's and on the wrong end of some bad decisions.

First man to beat Ezzard Charles, very young Charles against a very experienced Overlin but good feat none the less. He was said to have outboxed Charles, Overlin was a tricky boxer.

Held Charles to a draw in the rematch, said to have been too close to call.

Beat Fred Apostoli, held him to a draw In the rematch.

Beat Ceferino Garcia.

Not all time great by any means but definitely a very good fighter and deserved of the HOF for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X