Rewatched Mayweather VS Castillo 1, Never seen Floyd look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched it again

I had it a draw at 113-113

Castillo was better, but he lost a few closer rounds...where as the rounds he won, he absolutely dominated...this doesnt help get him any extra points tho

Great fight, No way could I see anything other than a draw for mayweather tho

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
      its not an also.a deduction is taken immediately.they dont score a round 1st,then deduct a point.point is deducted at the time of foul.and rnd is generally scored 10-9.i dont think anybody without the help of google could name a rnd where the deduction made it 10-8.i personally dont ever recall seing it happen
      Perhaps I'm not getting what your trying to say but if the one deducted wins the round then its 9-9. If he loses the round then its 8-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Compubox, lmao!
        I can agree that Compubox doesn't always suggest who won or you can't go by that ... but according to Compubox, Castillo landed MORE power punches than Floyd threw. I can see them being more accurate with punches thrown. Punches landed can be missed so that can be less accurate.

Again, its just a stat but an interesting one!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          I can agree that Compubox doesn't always suggest who won or you can't go by that ... but according to Compubox, Castillo landed MORE power punches than Floyd threw. I can see them being more accurate with punches thrown. Punches landed can be missed so that can be less accurate.

Again, its just a stat but an interesting one!
          Compubox tells nothing about a fight. Floyd landed the cleaner shots. Castillo was ineffective overall offensively. He had his lil spots, but he didn't come close to beating Floyd. He threw low, bullied and landed body shots with very few punches landing to Floyds head.

Floyd proved you wrong in the rematch too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Compubox tells nothing about a fight. Floyd landed the cleaner shots. Castillo was ineffective overall offensively. He had his lil spots, but he didn't come close to beating Floyd. He threw low, bullied and landed body shots with very few punches landing to Floyds head.

Floyd proved you wrong in the rematch too.
            Floyd looked lost in there. To say that Floyd did better and was more effective than Castillo is a stretch even for a Floyd fan. The only reason that the first fight was close was because Castillo had a slow start but its not like Floyd did that much more during those early rounds.

From about the 5th round on, it was all Castillo.

Comment

Perhaps I'm not getting what your trying to say but if the one deducted wins the round then its 9-9. If he loses the round then its 8-10.
              no,all rnd are a 10 point must.a round cant have 9-9.so if a fighter was winning a rnd and has a point deducted,if there is no knockdown then its automatic 10-9 for whomever.it is extremely rare for their to be a 10-8 rnd without a knockdown

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                no,all rnd are a 10 point must.a round cant have 9-9.so if a fighter was winning a rnd and has a point deducted,if there is no knockdown then its automatic 10-9 for whomever.it is extremely rare for their to be a 10-8 rnd without a knockdown
                Ten-point must system

A system of scoring whereby the winner of a round must receive ten points, and the loser of the round nine points (eights points, if knocked down; seven points, if knocked down more than once and thoroughly dominated by his opponent). If there is no clear winner, each boxer must be awarded ten points.
                Note, however, although a boxer may win the round, he can lose a point by committing a foul, in which case the round likely would be scored nine points for each boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aiwass View Post
                  Mayweather had broken hands vs Castillo, he had broken hands for a span of 3 fights
                  Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  It was a close fight, I had mayweather winning it. He had a fractured hand that fight if I remember... what it comes down to is this though... Castillo came on strong, and people went with the same outlook they have with Chavez/Martinez fight again he figured him out... Wrong. Mayweather had an immediate rematch and dominated him in it. That's how you handle your business folks, get a win people think you lost? Go in and show them they were wrong.
                  Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  floyd is very hard to make discouraged, very mentally strong. the notion that he would get discouraged just bcuz someone keeps walking forward is absurd. in the last rounds is when floyd fought with the most conviction too, standing his ground and fighting castillo on the inside.

he was forced to push and use his forearm bcuz castillo kept holding and hitting and throwing low blows but the ref completely ignored it. that along with the torn rotator cuff is why floyd struggled so much. but he bit down on his mouthpiece and did what he had to do, in the end he won the fight convincingly and in a rematch fought under even circumstances he took castillo to school.
                  Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  The rematch displays how Floyd beats him and it's not even close, only this time Floyd did it with both hands...

At the end of the day he won both fights. One was close while the other wasnt.
                  Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Yes because Floyd goes into every fight with a torn rotator cuff, AMIRITE?
                  So when Manny comes in with a torn rotator cuff it's a bad excuse according to Floyd fans. The same Floyd fans use the same excuse when people bring up the fact that Floyd looked lost in the Castillo fight.

Exact same thing happened with CWs. Bad when Manny does it. OK when Floyd does it.

Comment

So when Manny comes in with a torn rotator cuff it's a bad excuse according to Floyd fans. The same Floyd fans use the same excuse when people bring up the fact that Floyd looked lost in the Castillo fight.

Exact same thing happened with CWs. Bad when Manny does it. OK when Floyd does it.
                    Floyd won. There's a difference.

Comment

the difference between champions and b!tches is that champions find a way to win. pacquiao got his a$$ kicked.

Comment

Working...
                      X