Comments Thread For: Haye: If No Vitali Fight By Summer, It Will Never Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    alt?........
    Certainly an alt. Really showcasing his creativity I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      We all know he's has turned down several offers in the past from Vitali's camp, such as in 2009 when everything was set except for Haye's signature and HBO even set aside a date for it.

Vitali fought Arreola instead, and looked sharp despite being age 38.

In 2012, Haye turned down the September fight with Vitali in Moscow.

Vitali ended up fighting Charr instead. Age 41 Vitali looked faded against Charr, he was slow and missing a lot.

It's possible Haye really wants the fight now with the current faded version of Vitali, or perhaps he's just talking like he has in the past.

And Haye said he won't fight Vitali in Kiev, where the old champ wants any farewell fight:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...hlight=Ukraine

Tyson Fury however has said he's willing to fight Vitali in Ukraine. I think Vitali-Fury is more likely than Vitali-Haye. Haye has burned his bridges with the Klitschkos.
      No that's not true. They didn't want him to fight Chisora, when he said he would. He didn't decline the contract. It's more or less the same scenario that held up the Wlad v Haye fight as Wlad was scheduled to fight Chisora in april 2011. In 2009 we don't know what happened other than Haye lost his backing from setanta because they went bust, was he supposed to fight for free?? Also, the contract wasn't as they initially agreed so he was right to fight Valuev instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Certainly an alt. Really showcasing his creativity I must say.
        Lol I have nothing to do with that.

Comment

Haye's ducking again.

Comment

According to Adam Booth, there's been no contact with Team Klitschko.

Starts at about 13:18.

And from Mr. Haye himself:

From 2.50
            Last edited by yoz; 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Vitali is the boss, he decides when people will know.
              That's fine. But just so there are no double standards I never want to hear another word about Lewis retiring after TKO6. He was the boss so only he could decide when it was time for him to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                That's fine. But just so there are no double standards I never want to hear another word about Lewis retiring after TKO6. He was the boss so only he could decide when it was time for him to retire.
                Exactly. But the klits have double standards in everything they do, and cannot fathom if someone isn't willing to sign a 3 rematch slave deal; then it's a duck of course.

Comment

I don't really get what his career plan is at this point. I have watched him fight his way up from cruiserwieght when he fought Enzo Macranelli. He has great skills and power and he blasted through the "best of the rest" in the heavyweight division until he got outpointed by vlad.

He seems to be waiting for this payday fight with vitali but forgetting there are other contenders out there like Arreola, Adamek, helenius, fury, price and even steve cunningham. I think he could beat the majority, if not all, of those mentioned.

I don't know if he thinks he will get beaten, or if the money isn't right or what but it seems pointless to let his career go stale. He has lost so much momentum. Also if he fought some of those guys then he would have a genuine case for a fight with vitali, instead of just demanding it. Does he even have any titles left?

It's bad when a great fighter loses, but surely it's worse when they never reach their potential at all!

Comment

I like Haye as a fighter but he is so irrational and he's retiring that's why he is not relevant anymore.

Vitali isn't hugely relevant either. He sealed his legacy, he can't do much more with it. One nice farewell fight and that's it.

Sorrow feeling is that Haye could have give so much more. His own fault, but well not all are born to be fighters.. Let him be actor or model. He doesn't have business in boxing anymore.

Comment

I'd prefer fury vs Vitali now as I feel fury actually deserves it and he'sggoingto be aaround for years.

Haye has made it obvious that he's just into the business side of boxing now, so even if say he beat Vitali, he wouldn't be in fun fights with arreola etc.

I bear Haye no ill will I just think he's happy with his career, and his plan was always to get out young with his health intact and enjoy life, he should just do that and talk less and nobodywwouldhhave a problem

Comment

Working...
                      X