Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best chin in Heavyweight ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as for david tua, he got knocked the **** out in amatuer by a cuban boxer. i got the fight, tua gets knocked in first 30sec by a right. tua tries to get up and stumbles

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
      as for david tua, he got knocked the **** out in amatuer by a cuban boxer. i got the fight, tua gets knocked in first 30sec by a right. tua tries to get up and stumbles
      Lol!

Seeing as you're going to hold a young and experienced kid's amateur losses against him (which was against a much more seasoned and ****ing great, Felix Savon), I suppose it's only fair to mention this fight, which took place on Dec. 12th, 1982 at the US Amateur Championship in Indianapolis;

Al Evans TKO-3 Mike Tyson

Comment

• If you are going to use Tua being knocked out as a amatuer then Marciano was knocked out as a amatuer by Corley Wallace.If Marciano would of fought the Tua's Foreman's Bowe's Tyson's ect ect ect he would of been knocked out tons of times he was just lucky he could get away fighter 180 pound bums.But anyway Joe Grim was knocked down tons of times he just kept getting and actually he was knocked out a few times in his prime.I was reading some article about him.He just claimed he never was knocked out.As i said and i will say again to have a great chin you need to fight big time punches and be able to walk through their punches.You can go down a few times in your career but the people who drop you have to be vicious punches.That being said Ali is gone already.He was almost knocked out by Henry Cooper a man much smaller than he was.Tyson is out because he was ko'd by Douglas.Foreman was stopped because of fatigue so he could be on your list.Hagler has to be on your list.Chuvalo has to be on your list.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyhearns804
          If you are going to use Tua being knocked out as a amatuer then Marciano was knocked out as a amatuer by Corley Wallace.If Marciano would of fought the Tua's Foreman's Bowe's Tyson's ect ect ect he would of been knocked out tons of times he was just lucky he could get away fighter 180 pound bums.But anyway Joe Grim was knocked down tons of times he just kept getting and actually he was knocked out a few times in his prime.I was reading some article about him.He just claimed he never was knocked out.As i said and i will say again to have a great chin you need to fight big time punches and be able to walk through their punches.You can go down a few times in your career but the people who drop you have to be vicious punches.That being said Ali is gone already.He was almost knocked out by Henry Cooper a man much smaller than he was.Tyson is out because he was ko'd by Douglas.Foreman was stopped because of fatigue so he could be on your list.Hagler has to be on your list.Chuvalo has to be on your list.
          Ali's chin is made of granite. Henry Cooper's left hook was like a truck hitting you. It caught Ali flush on the chin. That shot, would have dropped ANYone, except maybe Chuvalo. Ali's chin is definately top 3 EVER in heavies. Just cos sum1 is knocked down, that dont mean ****. Was Ali dropped against foreman, Shavers, Liston, Williams, Frazier (only once in 123 minutes of brutal left hooks).

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyhearns804
            If you are going to use Tua being knocked out as a amatuer then Marciano was knocked out as a amatuer by Corley Wallace.
            Bro, Marciano was not knocked out by Coley Wallace!

I know when the Associated Press first put out an obituary of Wallace the claim was made that Wallace knocked him out and handed him his only amateur loss, but both of those comments were simply not true. And those two pieces of misinformation were corrected by them shortly thereafter, when they admitted what they said wasn't true.

Marciano lost a total of four amateur fights and those were to Harry Lester (by DQ), Joe D'Angelis (by Dec), Bob Girard (by Dec) and lastly to Coley Wallace (by Dec). That's the only time the two met in the ring and their fight from the 1948 'Golden Gloves All-East Championship Tournament' was also considered to have quite a bit of controversy to it as a result of the decision rendered for Wallace at the end of three rounds.

Here's a fight description I have of the one and only amateur fight Marciano and Wallace ever had;

"Rocky swarmed after Wallace at the opening bell. He was throwing wild but heavy punches that landed everywhere-on the arms, the shoulders, the top of the head.

The crowd at Ridgewood Grove Arena in Brooklyn was on its feet cheering. They sensed an upset, and even though Coley was the local favorite, they abandoned him.

But Wallace was an excellant boxer for an amateur, and he soon adjusted his style to cope with Rocky's bull-like rushes. It was the classic boxer versus slugger contest that fight fans crave.

Wallace had been scoring points with his slick style, but he did not have a punch to hurt Marciano. As the fight ended, Rocky was battering Coley against the ropes.

Wallace had been stylish, but Marciano had carried the fight to him throughout all three rounds and had delivered all of the punishing blows.

When the judges announced Wallace the victor, the fans, who believed Marciano won easily, were indignant. They booed and threw soda bottles and programs into the ring."

Comment

• Ali
              Marciano
              Cobb
              Chuvalo

Comment

Working...
              X