Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse, can he become an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has Matthysse beaten to become a ATG?

To me you got to clear out a division, be a reigning champ for multiple of years, beat other HOFs or ATGS, move up multiple divisions.

But you can't just be a ATG great for being popular on boxing forums.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
      basically, he needs to beat danny and rule 140 with an iron fist for many years. he's 30 i think he can do it if he beats danny.
      Yeah, I think he has the ability to become an atg but he needs to fight much more often.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      His best win is Lamont Peterson and he's 30 yes old. Highly highly unlikely. Same with a guy like golovkin. They don't have the resume or the years to stack up to that level.
      Golovkin has the skill, power and more importantly the level of activity to secure atg status (he fights 5 times a year).

Matthysse will find it tougher only fighting twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Yeah, I think he has the ability to become an atg but he needs to fight much more often.

Golovkin has the skill, power and more importantly the level of activity to secure atg status (he fights 5 times a year).

Is Ricky Hatton a ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Is Ricky Hatton a ATG?
          Is Sergio Martinez an atg? (since we're asking random avatar questions)

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Lol he doesn't have the resume nor the time and that counts more than the first two. He's a looooong way from atg much further than even mathysse. His best win is who? Exactly. He's a very good fighter but he's nowhere near a having an atg career

Comment

Can he? Sure. He's got 4 top P4P fighters in range, PAC, Floyd, JMM and Bradley. Is it likely? No I don't think so, but HOF isn't far out of reach

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Lol he doesn't have the resume nor the time and that counts more than the first two. He's a looooong way from atg much further than even mathysse. His best win is who? Exactly. He's a very good fighter but he's nowhere near a having an atg career
                You're missing out the 'can he become' part of the question. It's not about now, but rather the potential of the future.

Like I said, Golovkin has the time and level of activity. Moreover, he has the likes of Canelo, Froch, Ward and Martinez in and around his weight class (he also has Mayweather if he grows a pair).

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Can he? Sure. He's got 4 top P4P fighters in range, PAC, Floyd, JMM and Bradley. Is it likely? No I don't think so, but HOF isn't far out of reach
                  is Kessler an ATG?

Comment

Right now he has the opportunity to become the best 140lber. Thats about it. The minute he moves up to 147 is the minute he will be exposed. Theres about 4 to 5 guys that can knock him off.

Comment

atg in p4p or in 140 div?

Comment

Working...
                      X