Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets not forget paul williams is a ww.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets not forget paul williams is a ww.

Tough fight that neither maywheather , mosley and pacquiao would've taken . Paul williams battled a top middleweight last night in sergio martinez showing the heart of a champion and a garnite chin thats none of the top ww would stand up to. And have to add paul was fighting outta his norm to please boxing fans in effort to make a big name 4 himself.and did regardless of your oppinion. True it was a close fight that was edged out by numbers over power punches.note other fighters would not risk it or be out of their comfort weight to get a big fight

Considering he's had 31 fights or more where he weighed in above the welterweight limit, what on earth makes him a welterweight?

Comment

And Martinez is a natural Jr. Middleweight that fought for only the second time above 154 last night. Not to mention he only had a month to prepare.

Are you implying that somehow Sergio Martinez was the bigger, stronger man last night?

Comment

Actually, his last WW fight was against Quintana last year, so yeah, lets forget about it.

Comment

He has fought plenty of times above welterweight, including at middleweight, and hasn't even fought at welterweight in years.

Sergio Martinez is not a middleweight, that was his first fight at middleweight. All of his other fights were at welterweight or jr middle.

Get your facts straight.

Comment

i could've sworn he started his career at 154.....i might be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
              And Martinez is a natural Jr. Middleweight that fought for only the second time above 154 last night. Not to mention he only had a month to prepare.

Are you implying that somehow Sergio Martinez was the bigger, stronger man last night?
              imagine what a fully trained martinez could've done? i think he would've ko'd paul.

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                i could've sworn he started his career at 154.....i might be wrong though.

You are right. Only 8 of his 39 fights have been at 147 or below.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                  imagine what a fully trained martinez could've done? i think he would've ko'd paul.
                  If they have a rematch at 154, I'd give it to Martinez in a heart beat. Paul Williams is a bad matchup for a lot of fighters, but Martinez is a horrible matchup for him.

Comment

Originally posted by tbradf11 View Post
                    Tough fight that neither maywheather , mosley and pacquiao would've taken . Paul williams battled a top middleweight last night in sergio martinez showing the heart of a champion and a garnite chin thats none of the top ww would stand up to. And have to add paul was fighting outta his norm to please boxing fans in effort to make a big name 4 himself.and did regardless of your oppinion. True it was a close fight that was edged out by numbers over power punches.note other fighters would not risk it or be out of their comfort weight to get a big fight
                    he cant be effective at ww. hes fcukin well skinny at 160, never mind 147. and i thought that martinez was a super welterweight, not a middleweight. that was ther first time i seen p will fight, and hes a prettty decent fighter, but defo over rated on here. he isnt top ten p4p for my money. 119-110 judge must of been in love with williams or something because that was a close fight. i thought martinez nicked it, but could have gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                    X