No announcement yet.

Hitting the mitts video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting the mitts video

wuttup guys. finally got my mitts recorded and uploaded. would appreciate some feedback on what you think. thanks guys. ill post the second part once its done encoding and uploaded. dont forget to check out my channel if your interested in more workouts.

part 2
    Last edited by g0tcha; 04-20-2010, 11:29 PM.

Not bad, I saw your standing heavy bag vid before. I see improvement, as in, you appear to be more relax, and looking more fluid. But, you still have a long ways to go as far as proper footwork, punching mechanics. But, it is what it is, no boxing trainer to really keep an eye on you, it's a harder ladder to climb.

I do advise you to punch with full force and really torque your hips more. And, also, tell your padman to really aim for you as if he were to really land a punch, obviously without real force, but just throw it with speed, it's more realistic that way. Afterall, padwork is suppose to simulate actual sparring, it's the sparring before the real sparring, as they say.

I understand you're mimicking Phony Boy Floyd's padwork. But some mustard in those punches, man.
    Last edited by 1 on 1; 04-20-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
      Not bad, I saw your standing heavy bag vid before. I see improvement, as in, you appear to be more relax, and looking more fluid. But, you still have a long ways to go as far as proper footwork, punching mechanics. But, it is what it is, no boxing trainer to really keep an eye on you, it's a harder ladder to climb.

I do advise you to punch with full force and really torque your hips more. And, also, tell your padman to really aim for you as if he were to really land a punch, obviously without real force, but just throw it with speed, it's more realistic that way. Afterall, padwork is suppose to simulate actual sparring, it's the sparring before the real sparring, as they say.
      yeah this was like maybe 60-70% because im not really at my peak condition so punching full force especially with the amount of punch output during this session would gas out a lot of people including pros. i dont think i have ever seen a pro fighter punch full force for a couple rounds straight because that wouldnt be training smart.

we werent working on taking the hits from the pads. i know exactly what your talkin about but we just didnt do it. did it a lot when i was @ my muay thai gym but this is only something we were doin to get a little workout from and just for fun. thanks for feedback

Comment

That's not bad at all. Looks like you guys have adopted some of the punch combo/sequences from this dude I see on youtube "Coach Rick". And I agree with the other poster you look alot better than what you did on your bag video. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
          That's not bad at all. Looks like you guys have adopted some of the punch combo/sequences from this dude I see on youtube "Coach Rick". And I agree with the other poster you look alot better than what you did on your bag video. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
          the basic reaction stuff like check the right guard counter with 323 and check left guard counter with 232 is stuff thats pretty common anywhere that trains stand up. the long combo thats starts with uppercut 3 2 is the one that mayweather does that i figured out from watching his training and only got a chance to try it today when i got it down. coach rick has some really good stuff too. appreciate the comment!

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
            yeah this was like maybe 60-70% because im not really at my peak condition so punching full force especially with the amount of punch output during this session would gas out a lot of people including pros. i dont think i have ever seen a pro fighter punch full force for a couple rounds straight because that wouldnt be training smart.

we werent working on taking the hits from the pads. i know exactly what your talkin about but we just didnt do it. did it a lot when i was @ my muay thai gym but this is only something we were doin to get a little workout from and just for fun. thanks for feedback
            pacquiao? he punches full force pretty much for 15-20 rounds straight on the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              pacquiao? he punches full force pretty much for 15-20 rounds straight on the pads.
              we must be seeing his mitt training differently then cuz ive never seen him hit mitts for 15-20 rounds straight and in all the mitt training vids ive seen him on (youtube/24 7/etc) he isn't punching at 100% power the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
                we must be seeing his mitt training differently then cuz ive never seen him hit mitts for 15-20 rounds straight and in all the mitt training vids ive seen him on (youtube/24 7/etc) he isn't punching at 100% power the whole time.
                No one really punches at full force 100% of the time, but PAC comes close to it.

I went to the WCG when they still allowed just about anyone to watch him working out with Roach, and I'm tellin' ya man, the guy is f**kin' unbelievable, and coming from me it says alot, 'cause I've been around pro-fighters through the years. He is the hardest working pro-fighter that I've personally witnessed.

I would really like to watch Phony Boy, because for a long time I underestimated PAC big time, after seeing what I saw, there's quite a stark difference between what you see on Yout*be, on t.v. compared to when you are standing 5ft away from some of these elite athletes. Videos and what you see on 24/7 don't do any justice. PAC is much, much faster in person.

Back then(prior to seeing PAC workout at WCG), if you asked me who was faster, PAC or Phony Boy, I'd look at you, laugh and w/o much thought, i'd say Phony Boy hands down !! But, now that I've seen PAC in person, I don't know, I would have see Phony Boy the same I saw PAC workout.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
                  No one really punches at full force 100% of the time, but PAC comes close to it.

I went to the WCG when they still allowed just about anyone to watch him working out with Roach, and I'm tellin' ya man, the guy is f**kin' unbelievable, and coming from me it says alot, 'cause I've been around pro-fighters through the years. He is the hardest working pro-fighter that I've personally witnessed.

I would really like to watch Phony Boy, because for a long time I underestimated PAC big time, after seeing what I saw, there's quite a stark difference between what you see on Yout*be, on t.v. compared to when you are standing 5ft away from some of these elite athletes. Videos and what you see on 24/7 don't do any justice. PAC is much, much faster in person.

Back then(prior to seeing PAC workout at WCG), if you asked me who was faster, PAC or Phony Boy, I'd look at you, laugh and w/o much thought, i'd say Phony Boy hands down !! But, now that I've seen PAC in person, I don't know, I would have see Phony Boy the same I saw PAC workout.
                  must have been an amazing experience to see him train in person. im very jealous lol.

Comment

elbows need to be in tighter. more torque rotation on the right hand. if you dont have proper rotationg on the right hand it messes up your left hook.

Comment

Working...
                    X