Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you really want Manny and Floyd to happen,diehard fans should boycott both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you really want Manny and Floyd to happen,diehard fans should boycott both

dont buy the fights and tell other REAL fans to not buy the fights.long as they can sell millions fighting other fighters they arnt gonna rush to fight each other,spread the word boycott both and MAKE them fight each other
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-17-2011, 06:24 PM.

That's a great idea. I should've thought about that before.

Comment

It'll end up hurting the sport more than any of the two and it's not like boxing can afford to suffer anymore - the sport is struggling staying relevant in the popular media so a boycott like this wouldn't help at all.

Not to mention the sport is bigger than this two so it is not worth it.

Comment

i agree with larry...let's start the boycott with the floyd-ortiz fight

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
          It'll end up hurting the sport more than any of the two and it's not like boxing can afford to suffer anymore - the sport is struggling staying relevant in the popular media so a boycott like this wouldn't help at all.

Not to mention the sport is bigger than this two so it is not worth it.
          it's only staying relevant because of the mismatch parade of ppv's. if they actually built a good product more people would tune in. when the best fighters fight each other you are going to get good fights most of the time. people wouldn't just tune in to see pac or mayweather beat up some tomato can. they would tune in for the competitive nature of the sport instead of the marketing aspect of seeing some popular dude fight.

Comment

I truly planned on doing that- generating a real buzz behind the movement on FB, Twitter, blog sites, fighthype and doghouse.

Then Floyd signed to fight Ortiz and it went away, lol. If they aren't going to fight each other, I love either, preferably both, of them fighting the young up-and-comers. They're both at the stage of the game where the draw usually fights other 'name' opponents in events instead of legit threats in fights, so I was very impressed with Floyd taking on Vic. Just as impressed with Floyd taking Mosely first, before anyone knew he wasn't the same Mosley we'd seen.

Comment

not a bad idea....

ill just watch them throughn stream sites.....

i should tell my dad not to.....

if u actually got a bunch of peopel to do it then the would be forced to fight

but arent they gonna try to negotiat again for a may 2012 fight.

Comment

The Boxing world doesn't revolve around this fight. If either are willing to step inside the ring against a quality opponent then I'm happy with that. That's the least we should accept from either.

Comment

Support the REAL fights and stop buying the bull**** make your dollar and opinion count,seriously if you want better fights stop buying the bad ones

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    The Boxing world doesn't revolve around this fight. If either are willing to step inside the ring against a quality opponent then I'm happy with that. That's the least we should accept from either.
                    at 147 there are no more credible opponents after ortiz,

Comment

Working...
                    X