Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support the Mayweather/Pac fight not happening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want Mayweather possibly beating Pacquiao and then getting the recognition of being the better guy? Come on Dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      ******ed reasons?

Boxing is about entertainment, will this fight be entertaining? probably not

Will Mayweather get recognition above and beyond what he has proven over the last few years against the best available competition, probably yes.

Call me stupid but i dont Mayweather being reward for ducking every challenge available to him at 147 over the last few years.
      If you don't like the pure art of boxing, then you don't have to watch it.

This fight is the biggest fight, money-wise, and it can help boxing in a huge way.

They're not gonna cancel the fight because you don't agree with what Mayweather's done or how he's done it.

Comment

I dont want Mayweather making all that cash and recognition off the back of what Manny has done.

I dont Mayweather being rewarded and pulling the wool over fans eyes after the **** he has pulled the last few years because he wont have earned it.
        How selfish is that?

What if Manny wins? What about the glory he will receive? You can't gain without risk.

Also, even if Mayweather makes a huge payday, so will Pacquiao. The biggest of his career, in fact.

Even if you despise Mayweather, and don't give him credit for a single win he has had his entire career, you should be wanting this fight to happen for Manny's sake,

If you are confident Manny can win, that is.

Comment

******ed reasons?

Boxing is about entertainment, will this fight be entertaining? probably not

Will Mayweather get recognition above and beyond what he has proven over the last few years against the best available competition, probably yes.

Call me stupid but i dont Mayweather being reward for ducking every challenge available to him at 147 over the last few years.

Well get over it, Whether he duck challenges available to him at 147 or not, This fight is for boxing, If they tell you Mayweather loses by KO i bet you would want the fight to happen but because you think he would win you dont want to support the fight??? You dont need to watch the fight mate just switch off your TV because boxing doesnt revolve around Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
            I'd hate this fight not to happen. Even if it does turn out to be a boring fight, the build up, the excitement leading up to the fight etc. would all be worth it.
            It's never worthed when you expect an exciting fight and it turns out to be a dud. For my $60 PPV or my $500 to watch it live, it better be d*mn good while it lasts.

Comment

In regards to the point about the fight being entertaining, that's a matter of opinion.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                Well get over it, Whether he duck challenges available to him at 147 or not, This fight is for boxing, If they tell you Mayweather loses by KO i bet you would want the fight to happen but because you think he would win you dont want to support the fight??? You dont need to watch the fight mate just switch off your TV because boxing doesnt revolve around Floyd Mayweather.

I probably would want it to happen because i dont like Floyd, but here is the thing, its all in Floyd's favour to gain and Pacquaio's to lose. If this fight does not happen Pacquiao could retire with with his status and no one would bat an eye lid, if Mayweather retired today its a whole different story and you know it.

Mayweather has the perfect opportunity to eradicate all the ducking and seal his legacy with one!! fight, thats a con that i wont buy into.

If the fight happens or not im not all that fussed tbh, but im not gonna say im pro the fight needs!! to happen, thats just my opinion though so calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  How selfish is that?

What if Manny wins? What about the glory he will receive? You can't gain without risk.

Also, even if Mayweather makes a huge payday, so will Pacquiao. The biggest of his career, in fact.

Even if you despise Mayweather, and don't give him credit for a single win he has had his entire career, you should be wanting this fight to happen for Manny's sake,

If you are confident Manny can win, that is.
                  Im not confident Manny will win that is why im not sure i wont to see the fight.

1 It will be boring.

2 Floyd will be put on a pedestal and all the ducking will be forgotten about off the back on one! fight.

3 Pacquiao does not need to enhance his legacy anymore, he could retire today and no one would think the worse of him.

Comment

Im not confident Manny will win that is why im not sure i wont to see the fight.

1 It will be boring.

2 Floyd will be put on a pedestal and all the ducking will be forgotten about off the back on one! fight.

3 Pacquiao does not need to enhance his legacy anymore, he could retire today and no one would think the worse of him.
                    1. Not all Floyd fights are boring. You're a knockout/all action guy, I get it.. But he has 25 knockouts to his credit. I wouldn't call the Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Arturo Gatti, Angel Manfreddy, Philip N'dou, Demarcus Corley, or Jesus Chavez fights boring by any standard you can name.

Pac has the exact formula to force Floyd to fight a more active fight. I don't think this will be boring at all. Plus, the same as the tradition he set in the Corrales and Gatti fights, this is a new platform for a FLoyd. A greater glory. He will try to raise to the occasion.

So..it won't be boring. Check that away.

2. Ducking of Cotto, and margarito, I suppose? Because he didn't really duck all that many people before that...Mosley was there to actually commentate on one of Floyd's fights... the Carlos Rios fight, I believe. Case in point being, he has followed Floyd's career, and could have fought him. Period. Its not like he wasn't aware of Floyd. Plus, you can't fight everyone. Roy suggested the Judah fight... Emmanuel Steward said a Mitchell- Floyd fight would be a pick 'em. So... he fought some demanded fights over the years.

3 Pac wants the money. And his legacy could still be enhanced. Don't kid yourself. It would be skyrocketed by a win here.

You're thinking about everything Pac has to lose, and Mayweather has to gain, as opposed to vice versa. Curious. I consider this a close fight, with a near perfect matchup of conflicting styles.

Reason... Floyd has been thrown a bit out of his rhythm/comfort zone in the past, by three fighters. Emanuel Augustus (punch resistance), Jesus Chavez (swarming, smothering style) and Zab Judah (Powerful fast southpaw)... Manny has a bit of all those qualities plus two things Mayweather has never faced before.. someone with his footwork and footspeed...and.. legendary conditioning of pac.

So, back up your fighter. Pac has a decent chance.

Comment

Boxing has always been about more than 1 or two fighters.

One fight happening or not has never made or broke the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X