Shane MOSLEY: "Strength Coaches Treat Fighters Like Lab Rats. Watch Out!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane MOSLEY: "Strength Coaches Treat Fighters Like Lab Rats. Watch Out!!"

Good Audio Interview with LITR

Note: This is not Mayweather or Pacquiao related.

while i have no doubt thats true, ive seen i numerous times, the onus is on the fighter to always ask whats being put in their bodies.

Comment

You're damn right they better pump me full of the good stuff before we do wind sprints and plyometrics..

Comment

Honestly it just sounded like he was trying to find an excuse for losing. It's hard to argue that the 2nd round against Forrest was because of the sports trainer...

++And then he goes the "I didn't know I was cheating" route.....
        Last edited by CHOWWOKKA; 05-14-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          Honestly it just sounded like he was trying to find an excuse for losing. It's hard to argue that the 2nd round against Forrest was because of the sports trainer...

++And then he goes the "I didn't know I was cheating" route.....
          Well, while I agree, I have a bit of different perspective about that.

Look at how PBF trains, for example. How many of his exercises are not related to boxing?

That is one of the things that I notice about many of these new trainers who come from outside of boxing backgrounds. They have guys doing stuff that don't relate to boxing at all.

At the end of the day, a fighter only has a finite number of minutes, and a finite number of calories he can expend in the gym. So every minute you use on swinging a bat, is a minute that you are not throwing a punch or doing double-end bag work.

I remember James Toney saying that his training is 80% sparring.

Comment

Well he's the fighter, that's what I expect him to say. Coaches always say otherwise. Mosley is half right though, fighters do become lab rats. The other half is that they willingly do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              Well, while I agree, I have a bit of different perspective about that.

Look at how PBF trains, for example. How many of his exercises are not related to boxing?

That is one of the things that I notice about many of these new trainers who come from outside of boxing backgrounds. They have guys doing stuff that don't relate to boxing at all.

At the end of the day, a fighter only has a finite number of minutes, and a finite number of calories he can expend in the gym. So every minute you use on swinging a bat, is a minute that you are not throwing a punch or doing double-end bag work.

I remember James Toney saying that his training is 80% sparring.
              is that why he's a fat c*nt?

he probably only does as much sparring as anyone else, just that it constitutes a whole 80% of the limited amount of work that he does...

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                is that why he's a fat c*nt?

he probably only does as much sparring as anyone else, just that it constitutes a whole 80% of the limited amount of work that he does...
                Except landing over 400 punches in one bout has been done only five times in the sport since they began counting them. Toney is the owner of four of those five times. He has always been a very busy fighter, able to consistently throw and land for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Except landing over 400 punches in one bout has been done only five times in the sport since they began counting them. Toney is the owner of four of those five times. He has always been a very busy fighter, able to consistently throw and land for 12 rounds.
                  Let's forget about the fifth if my memory serves correct

Comment

It has been done 33 times at least.

Check out compubox 400 club records.

Comment

Working...
                    X