No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon-Raul Garcia Showdown in The Works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon-Raul Garcia Showdown in The Works

Peter Rivera, President of PR Best Boxing, says former champion Ivan Calderon is on track to challenge the Mexico's Raul Garcia for the WBO junior flyweight (105 pounds) title of the World Boxing Organization (WBO). Rivera wants the fight to take place during the WBO's annual convention, which is scheduled for October in Puerto Rico. In April, Calderón was knocked out in the third round of his rematch with Giovani Segura.

[Click Here To Read More]

ok so which twin is this? rayito? he's a free swinging fighter like segura but the obvious difference is he doesn't pressure and throw the high volume of punches like segura,segura was on top of calderon all the time with non stop punches coming from every angle,garcia isn't like that at all and i think calderon can beat him

Comment

if calderon doesnt win he better retire dont be like jones and oscar who tarnish there records for money

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        if calderon doesnt win he better retire dont be like jones and oscar who tarnish there records for money
        Unfortunately he already did that by taking the Segura rematch. Calderon knew his chances of beating Segura in the rematch were slim; however, he still went ahead with the fight. The proof is in the pudding! He quit a lot faster in the rematch than he did in the first fight. In the first fight he thought he could win, in the rematch he knew he couldn't!!

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          ok so which twin is this? rayito? he's a free swinging fighter like segura but the obvious difference is he doesn't pressure and throw the high volume of punches like segura,segura was on top of calderon all the time with non stop punches coming from every angle,garcia isn't like that at all and i think calderon can beat him
          Yeah it's rayito and he will end caldrun's career he's in his prime and a very good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            Its rayito but i think he is the better of the two. In his last fight he looked pretty good with power and was throwing alot. He just need to go to the body again segura laid out the game plan already.

Comment

Calderon has a great chance

I feel that Calderon returning to 105 is the best thing for him to do at this stage of his career.

He still is a defensive wizard and perhaps he has another fight or two, however if he loses again or get's knocked out he should call it day.

Comment

If the money is right. Do what the mesicans do, fight for the money!!! Regardless of the beating, collect that money. margarito vs SSM & PACQUIAO=PAID. delahoto vs hopkins=PAID. JMM vs PACQUIAO III= PAID. Areolla vs anybody= PAID.

Comment

Rayito isn't Segura but Ivan still won't handle his pressure and power punches......

Comment

good luck to calderon hopefully he can bounce back

Comment

Working...
                    X