Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner Post Fight Discussion. STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT BRONER! POST HERE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    For all his attention, he's never beaten anything more than a fringe contender in one of boxing's most shallow weight classes. Take away his belt and he's fighting at the fledgling contender level. We'll see what he can do sometime around 140, because Lightweight isn't that much better right now.

Andre Berto on HBO 2.0
    I don't it's fair to compare him to Berto.

Atleast Broner has skills, and a style.

Comment

• broner's the real deal. i think he will have an even better and even more undefeated career than the great joe calzaghe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Comparing what they were allowed to face on HBO during development is perfectly fair. I think he'll end up a better pro.

Comment

For all his attention, he's never beaten anything more than a fringe contender in one of boxing's most shallow weight classes. Take away his belt and he's fighting at the fledgling contender level. We'll see what he can do sometime around 140, because Lightweight isn't that much better right now.

Andre Berto on HBO 2.0

the only thing those two have in common are the speed and power

berto had great speed coming up. he was never a good boxer.

broner is a very good boxer. damn good. lightyears beyond where berto has ever been, even at 22.

you're right about one thing, it's all about what he can do against larger men now.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            the only thing those two have in common are the speed and power

berto had great speed coming up. he was never a good boxer.

broner is a very good boxer. damn good. lightyears beyond where berto has ever been, even at 22.

you're right about one thing, it's all about what he can do against larger men now.
            Again, just referencing what we're getting on HBO on that point.

Comment

after checking out your subsequent posts i think i've got a better understanding of what you were trying to say.

Comment

what you are trying to say without sounding like an a-hole is broner is being hand fed easy opposition just like berto was. this is true but most people just don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  what you are trying to say without sounding like an a-hole is broner is being hand fed easy opposition just like berto was. this is true but most people just don't care.
                  I could say it like that and not sound like an a-hole. Is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think its a much fairer comparison than comparing him to mayweather.

He really lacks the defensive awareness that Mayweather has, nomatter how badly he wants to have them. He is much less fluid, and he gets touched up WAY more than Floyd ever did, pretty much exactly like Berto did.

Comment

• Has Broner ever been asked if he would like to fight Floyd one day? I wonder what he would say.

Comment

Working...
                      X