Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday I was asked the question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy never favored McCain. He supporred HUCKABEE.

Obama has proven nothing. Roy has proven a ton in boxing.

The answer is easy. You'd pick Roy to win.

Comment

Nicky, why are you acting like a prick?

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
        Roy never favored McCain. He supporred HUCKABEE.

Obama has proven nothing. Roy has proven a ton in boxing.

The answer is easy. You'd pick Roy to win.
        he just proved a black man can win a presidential election.

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from nothing.

Comment

Couple things.

Obama is half 'black'.

Secondly, Obama's victory was very unsurprising. He was the favorite the whole time. Roy is not the favorite. Obama won and I hope he does a good job, but being black does not make one a good leader. If he turns out to be a good leader, it won't be because he is black. Obama has had a priveleged youth. It's not a rags to riches or underdog story by any means.

Comment

Couple things.

Obama is half 'black'.

Secondly, Obama's victory was very unsurprising. He was the favorite the whole time. Roy is not the favorite. Obama won and I hope he does a good job, but being black does not make one a good leader. If he turns out to be a good leader, it won't be because he is black. Obama has had a priveleged youth. It's not a rags to riches or underdog story by any means.
            if your black running for president... your the underdog...

he made himself the favorite

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              if your black running for president... your the underdog...

he made himself the favorite
              Obama is black? ****, I didn't know that.

j/k

Comment

Believing Obama was the underdog is a story of self delusion, bro. People who are black believing they have no chance is part of the reason blacks struggle. They already believe they have lost...a perfect mentality for failure. Obama didn't believe in that. He maintained he could win. If things were so institutionally racist in this country, he would not have won.

Black people have misjudged their chances often times. Obama did not fall into that trap. That's why he won. Young black kids at my school thought if you spoke properly or got good grades that you were 'acting white'. Obama said, "F&^% that, I'll act as 'white' as it takes to get an education and succeed."

Now, none of this is to say racism is dead in the U.S. That would be false. We got some work to do reaching out to each other. But to assume that being black = being a victim is some awful logic not to mention a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Couple things.

Obama is half 'black'.

slw, give obama some credit. he did break racial barriers and stereotypes which is good for the USA. Obama is inspiring when he talks, he motivated the youth to go out and vote.

Comment

"Obama didn't believe in that. He maintained he could win."-SLW

thats something commendable. He believed!

Comment

I can't give Obama credit (or congress) for a job well done yet, because that remains to be seen. But I do give him credit for being relatively respectful to McCain. But Obama is still a mystery. Not sure whether him in office is good or bad. All I know is I wish him well.

Much more than today's liberals could say of Bush. They hated him from day one.

Comment

Working...
                      X