Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Fighter out the UK Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be real, British boxers are ****. I'm British, just calling it how it is.

Comment

I don't understand what you're trying to get at?

He slapped to protect his hands from injuries, his hands were brittle before he even turned professional. But does that poor technique prevent his hands from getting injured? No, but like I said, the hand injuries came before the slapping.

That's just the style he adapted though and his technique does look weird when he throws. Sounds like you're implying he wouldn't know how to punch properly?

Comment

Calzaghe doesn't belong in a best of anything list, much less Brits, which have produced some amazing warriors.

$ hit, I'd rank Benn and Eubank ahead of slappy.

Comment

Calzaghe, he's the man

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
            Calzaghe doesn't belong in a best of anything list, much less Brits, which have produced some amazing warriors.

$ hit, I'd rank Benn and Eubank ahead of slappy.
            46 tried, 46 failed

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Hatton has Kostya Tszyu on his resume, which is as good as Hopkins imo.

Only beaten by 1 fighter at 140 ever, an all time great in Pacquiao when past prime and he held a title in the weight class above.
              No......Tszyu was a good win for Hatton, but beating Hopkins > beating Tszyu. Hopkins is clearly greater than Tszyu. But it could be argued that Calzaghe didn't even beat Hopkins really.

Comment

Calzaghe has like 4 wins that really meant something. His first true big and good win came at 34 years old when he beat Lacy.

You know what's so funny though......the same people who call Berto a hype job and not that good of a fighter, to discredit Guerrero beating him at 147, are often the same people who try to credit Joe's win over Lacy, who is very comparable to Berto in terms of hype and how they ended up being.

Joe beat Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins, and Bika. Everything prior to Lacy was fringe contenders either just barely in the Top 10 or not in the Top 10 at all, or an old past it Eubank. I mean Veit, Brewer, Mitchell, Woodhall, Thornberry, Reid, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  You do realise he slapped to protect his hands?

I couldn't care what the topic is called, we're having a discussion about more than just #1 Brit here.
                  He also slapped lots because his higher than average fitness allowed him to do so, and the extra quantity helped obscure his alarmingly poor strike rate.

Anyway Lewis is number one Brit, with Wilde and Fitzsimmons rivalling him. Calzaghe is in the runnings for Welsh number one, mind you, only Wilde can keep him off the top. And he is probably the best British SMW ever (Eubank rivals that claim perhaps).
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    Calzaghe is in the runnings for Welsh number one, mind you, only Wilde can keep him off the top.
                    No way Jose.

Last edited by D-MiZe; 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Judging by his comments on various threads I get the impression Frankie is only really partial to the work of black fighters (most of them American).
                      get that chip off ur shoulder mate and ur ****k out of hattons arse

just because i dont class naz, hatton and joe cal as British greats doesnt mean i am favoring black american boxers. i'm not a fanboy like you, i call it like i see it.

Naz was one of my fav boxers as was Hatton, i supported them against no matter who they faced, but they fell short when they stepped up and thats why i dont regard them as greats.

i was never a fan of Joe Cal, his style and the way he was protected throughout his career.

Ted The Kid Lewis is what i think of when i we are talking British Greatest

Comment

Working...
                      X