Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime 147 Felix Trinidad vs 147 Floyd Mayweather Jr. Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Tommy Hearns would be a very difficult fight but he isn't exactly unbeatable either, if Floyd was strictly an outside fighter then yea Hearns would be unbeatable but I do reckon Floyd wouldn't be lingering on the outside where Hearns could get full leverage and if he could stay inside the arc of Hearns real power then Floyd is not in near as much danger and could do work.

Floyd is good at doing shit like that, so that isn't impossible. Oh and I love The Motor City Cobra~
    The problem is that Floyd doesn't have the strength or power at Welterweight to give Hearns trouble on the inside. The only opponents who ever did were large Welters with a lot of pop (Leonard) or natural Middleweights or larger (Hagler, Barkley).

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Styles make fights.

Floyd has tendency to stay on the ropes. When face with proper punch volume, Floyd's output drops to anemic level. Won't go the distance.
      Floyd fights differently in different fights, he might be on the ropes some but he would make subtle moves to be inside the real arc of Hearns power not to mention while Hearns has fast hand the father out he throws the more time Floyd has to get out of the way and move in.

Sure Hearns is a dangerous guy, would deserve to be the favorite and if Floyd slipped up at the wrong time Hearns could knock him out but Floyd ain't an easy guy to whoop it would be very tough for Hearns also.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        The problem is that Floyd doesn't have the strength or power at Welterweight to give Hearns trouble on the inside. The only opponents who ever did were large Welters with a lot of pop (Leonard) or natural Middleweights or larger (Hagler, Barkley).

Poet
        That is possible but I do think he has enough juice to keep Hearns honest, if forced I do think Floyd can hit real hard and in that fight Floyd would be forced to do everything he could.

It would be a very hard fight for Floyd to win though no doubt, he would have to do everything at his disposal to pull it out and even then that might not be enough but I am sure Floyd would give Hearns a lot of problems also even if Hearns came out on top.

Comment

That is possible but I do think he has enough juice to keep Hearns honest, if forced I do think Floyd can hit real hard and in that fight Floyd would be forced to do everything he could.

It would be a very hard fight for Floyd to win though no doubt, he would have to do everything at his disposal to pull it out and even then that might not be enough but I am sure Floyd would give Hearns a lot of problems also even if Hearns came out on top.
          We will agree to disagree. To me, Floyd's resume never indicate any sufficient power, especially at this weigh, that would earn Hearn's respect.

Comment

Good post.
            If we can translate Floyd's skills from his lightweight days up to a 154 version, that will be a great fight . But Floyd's skills diminished with his moving up of weight(he's still the best of this era), Hearns was a freak 6'2+ WW with surreal power and great boxing skills. You could make a case Hearns was out boxing Sugar Ray prior to the stoppage.
            Floyd will be giving up a 6 inch height advantage against someone who's boxing skills is equal if not more so then himself, Floyd also does not have that punching power to keep Hearns off.

Comment

• Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
              Good post.
              If we can translate Floyd's skills from his lightweight days up to a 154 version, that will be a great fight . But Floyd's skills diminished with his moving up of weight(he's still the best of this era), Hearns was a freak 6'2+ WW with surreal power and great boxing skills. You could make a case Hearns was out boxing Sugar Ray prior to the stoppage.
              Floyd will be giving up a 6 inch height advantage against someone who's boxing skills is equal if not more so then himself, Floyd also does not have that punching power to keep Hearns off.
              Well Hearns was outboxing Sugar Ray and Hearns is a good candidate to beat Floyd because he would obviously limit Floyd choices in the ring, Floyd thrives when he has options but Hearns advantages would force Floyd to narrow down his game. Still Floyd being a versatile guy he has a place where he could make his bones.

You have it backwards though Hearns needs to keep Floyd off him not because Floyd is going to take him out but Hearns loses his advantages when Floyd is in close and Floyd would actually be at the advantage, Hearns needs to maintain his range which he is good at.

I will repeat Hearns would be very dangerous and a very hard guy for Floyd to beat but if Floyd fights perfect or close to it I do think he could make it work but keep in mind saying a guy has to fight almost perfect to win says he is a clear underdog.

Comment

• This fight would not happen because Floyd never fights prime opponents lol. But seriously Floyd by comfortable win due to better movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  A past it sweat pea was doing a good job to Tito and De La Hoya was outboxing him with ease. A prime Floyd would be on a whole other level compared to those guys in speed, skill, defense, stamina, etc... when Tito fought them. Pea was the man in his prime and I think Pea would've easily outboxed Tito. I like all 3 of these fighters a lot. Mosley imo hits as hard as Tito. Tito was a very one dimensional fighter and a pure boxer would be his nightmare. Floyd by easy UD... with the crowd going wild when Tito gets him on the ropes a couple times. Tito only has a half an inch reach advantage but he'd never be able to utilize it.
                  lmao.. mosley hits as hard as tito hahaha

floyd easy ud.. hahaha

Comment

• Bump......

Comment

• take away titos wraps does he have power?

Comment

Working...
                      X