No announcement yet.

Canelo is just that damn good!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    No matter who he fights people will still hate.

I made a thread when I first came on here saying he was legit and people where saying ''so & so beats him, hes garbage etc''
    Hes beaten pretty much all them guys or they've ducked him.

The kid is legit, if he fights K9 you'll say he was old, scrappy & his best win was over the boring Cory Spinks.

If he fights Lara you'll say he lost to Molina, hasn't even had 20 pro fights.

If he fights Kirkland, hes got a glass chin, Angulo was always dog**** & the slowest 154lb fighter on earth.

He just can not win and let me tell you like I did last year there is not one single guy on this earth at 154 that beats this kid. He would knock Cotto into retirement, he would smash Lara to pieces, Vanes isn't even worth mentioning neither is Molina who would do nothing but try hug his way to a boring decision.

Canelo IS the real deal You can nit-pick his record, you can do that with anyone in history. NO 154LB FIGHTER BEATS HIM!

To think he is still a kid too.
    Shot to **** Cintron at 154
    Shot to **** Mosely at 154
    Shot to **** Rhodes
    Matthew Hatton at 154
    Alfonso Gomez 'The Contender' loser
    Shot to **** Ndou LOL
    Shotter than Shot Baldomir
    Oh and another brother, Cotto who is a bum

Face a real threat first then say no 154'lber beats him FFS

Comment

He has fought 1 actual 154lb fighter and you're jumping on the band wagon?? canelo feasts on 140/147lbers for god's sake. Molina would beat him Easy. Canelo beat the 2nd best hatton who wasnt the best 147lber in england to win the vacant 154 title! Sergio martinez who can make 154 would wipe the floor with canelo. Until he either relinquishes the belt or fights people in his own division then Ill keep hating

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
        Shot to **** Cintron at 154
        Shot to **** Mosely at 154
        Shot to **** Rhodes
        Matthew Hatton at 154
        Alfonso Gomez 'The Contender' loser
        Shot to **** Ndou LOL
        Shotter than Shot Baldomir
        Oh and another brother, Cotto who is a bum

Face a real threat first then say no 154'lber beats him FFS
        Cotto's big bro isn't a bum, he's just a lightweight. But other than that, rock on!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Canelo is just that damn good!
          Every cab driver from here to Baja agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            I agree I like canelo. The funny thing is everyone who is criticising canelo seem to praise broner. Broner lost to a fighter 2 weight divisions below him and got a gift. IMO both need to step up there competition and I have no doubt canelo will be the better of the 2 fighters
            CANELO, a 154 lber, arguably lost to miguel vasquez, whos best weight is 135lbs. so much for that argument.

Comment

I think Canelo-Lara is a 50/50 fight, other than that, I agree.

People mentioning his record are near-sighted.

Using Mayweather as an example:

Who did Mayweather beat before Genaro Hernandez that would give anyone the impression that he could beat (let alone dominate) an experienced borderline HOF level fighter?

Tony Pep?

Would have picking him to win against Hernandez been stupid?

No... because if you picked him it would've been after you evaluated his potential based on what he demonstrated to you during his developmental stage.

This same ***** can be done with every fighter that's ever fought because at some point they all have to go through it. Canelo's developmental stage is just taking longer because 1) He doesn't have much amateur experience; 2) He turned pro at 16; 3) He's 21; 4) He's a potential superstar so his team wants to assure that they take enough precautions to put him in a position of succeeding.

Comment

He fought more welterweights than JMW's for his belt.... he won his belt from a welterweight....
                very hard to take him serious
                If he fought Lara, I'd give him credit.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  I think Canelo-Lara is a 50/50 fight, other than that, I agree.

People mentioning his record are near-sighted.

Using Mayweather as an example:

Who did Mayweather beat before Genaro Hernandez that would give anyone the impression that he could beat (let alone dominate) an experienced borderline HOF level fighter?

Tony Pep?

Would have picking him to win against Hernandez been stupid?

No... because if you picked him it would've been after you evaluated his potential based on what he demonstrated to you during his developmental stage.

This same ***** can be done with every fighter that's ever fought because at some point they all have to go through it. Canelo's developmental stage is just taking longer because 1) He doesn't have much amateur experience; 2) He turned pro at 16; 3) He's 21; 4) He's a potential superstar so his team wants to assure that they take enough precautions to put him in a position of succeeding.
                  true enough. i dont knock canelo too much for his resume, hes 21. but it is time for him to step up and he does get a little bit too much hype on here for someone who hasent exactly backed it up. the division hes in rite now is absolutely stacked. he has to fight someone with a pulse. i know hes tried, but hes tried with the guys he had the higher chances of beating, the kirklands and the ortiz'. why not risk a fight against lara or trout, definite top 154 guys. hes not ready for floyd or cotto imo, i think both beat him clearly, he just doesnt have the experience to hang with cotto nor the skill to hang with floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    true enough. i dont knock canelo too much for his resume, hes 21. but it is time for him to step up and he does get a little bit too much hype on here for someone who hasent exactly backed it up. the division hes in rite now is absolutely stacked. he has to fight someone with a pulse. i know hes tried, but hes tried with the guys he had the higher chances of beating, the kirklands and the ortiz'. why not risk a fight against lara or trout, definite top 154 guys. hes not ready for floyd or cotto imo, i think both beat him clearly, he just doesnt have the experience to hang with cotto nor the skill to hang with floyd.
                    Canelo isn't overrated here... The TS and I are in the minority. He's one of the most criticized boxers in the sport at this point.

Canelo has been slowly and steadily stepping it up, but the NSB's perception of his competition is that he's just facing the same retreads.

In September, he's going to face a Quintana, Bundrage, or Trout by October he'll be scheduled to face Cotto (ready or not...) and I suspect he'll pass those tests; then he'll move on to a Mayweather fight. This September fight is just a high caliber stay busy fight before a Cotto showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Turn him into an AM and you got yourself the next "crafty" & "skillful" Mayweather.
                      That's just stupid. But if he was "AM" you would be the first one to call him out for what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X