No announcement yet.

DiBella: Taylor-Froch the same as Taylor-Bozo the Clown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiBella: Taylor-Froch the same as Taylor-Bozo the Clown

From the site where boxing is confidential, Dibella says, "I don’t think Hennessy and Forch want to be champion of the world; what they want is to be the sheriff of Nottingham. I made it clear to Mick over a week ago that we were not going to England to fight and that we would not fight off American TV (Showtime).

“This $1.6 million offer they made today was not even followed up by a phone call. It’s a mirror offer of what I offered Froch over a week ago to come to the US. My offer was $650,000 plus they could keep their British TV money (about $800,000 from terrestrial network ITV). And I was letting Hennessy take a few sponsorhip slots.

“In America, there is no difference between Taylor-Froch or Taylor against Bozo The Clown. There is no gold mine involved here. Showtime would only do the fight if it was live and not delayed from the UK.”

DiBella said the Friday WBC purse bid is not an empty exercise and that Froch will stay at home with an optional defense. Taylor, he said, may fight DBE-promoted Allan Green or someone similar.

“It’s not happening but maybe Jermain will fight Froch after they both fight someone else.”

Homie the Clown would be much more competitive however.

Comment

bozo does have a good chin though

Comment

I see no reason why Taylor or his promoter Dibella would be afraid to fight Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
          I see no reason why Taylor or his promoter Dibella would be afraid to fight Froch.
          Or Bozo for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
            Homie the Clown would be much more competitive however.

In living color>>>>>>>>SNL, MAD TV

Comment

Working...
            X