Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a double standard when it comes to cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
    Steroids are a major part of America's success on the sporting stage. As is concrete to Mexicans. As is corrupt judges to Germany.

This is one of the funniest post of the day, I cant help but laugh

Comment

Stop,just stop...margarto just got caught cheating not shane...stop trying to justify what he did..shanes been to court took a lie detector test...its margo's turn to sweat

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
        The Balco scandal has gotten a lot of ink. No way Mosley's getting a pass. He's most likely a cheater and him claiming to take the drugs unknowingingly is a pathetic excuse. But then again most fighters likely takes EPO and I bet that all fighters on boxings seniors tour take HGH to remain competitive. Just sayin'.
        he was cleared via lie detector..

Comment

LOL @ the Alts

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
            Stop,just stop...margarto just got caught cheating not shane...stop trying to justify what he did..shanes been to court took a lie detector test...its margo's turn to sweat
            How the **** am I justifying?
            Where does anything in my thread tries to justify what Margarito did?
            I'm just trying to make comparisons on two forms of cheating and how one is more accepted in the media's eyes.
            So, think before you post!!!

Comment

I don’t buy into court circus. Regardless of the fact, cheating is cheating. I am interested to see how Marg’s case comes about. Since you have an official looking over a trainer/fighters being hand wrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by DUnknown1 View Post
                Due to the recent controversy of Margarito wearing plaster wraps, all of his fights have come into question. However, Mosley has also been caught cheating with illegal substances and yet I haven't seen anything in the media that calls into question his previous fights before the DLH incident.
                So, does the media have a double standard if a fighter is very well liked like the case of Sugar Shane?

He might have started using ROIDS later in his career to bulk up.

Speaking of cheating, listen to this...

http://stickandmoveboxing.com/podcas...****Radio*****

One of the guys talks about the excessive holding by Mosley.

Mosley vs. Margarito Re-Cap!
                Boxing Confidential Radio takes a look at Sugar Shane Mosley\'s shocking victory over Antonio Margarito and the allegations of Margarito attempting to use loaded gloves for the fight. What is next for Mosley and Margarito? Let us tell you what we thing, and a character by the name of Money might be in Sugar\'s future. Does Miguel Cotto have the right to cry about the possibility of tainted Margarito gloves in their 2008 classic war, or should his corner done a better job of observing the Mexican\'s wraps? We won\'t be shy with out take! All this, plus a look at Solo Boxeo II - a new boxing series on TV Azteca, a discussion on Robert Guerrero\'s future, legendary Mexican trainer Nacho Beristain\'s comments on the legitimacy of Manny Pacquiao\'s Pound ...

Source:
                http://stickandmoveboxing.com/bcradiofeed.xml

Look for the TITLE
                Mosley vs. Margarito Re-Cap!

I have to agree that holding/hugging is cheating. A lot of good points were brought up with regards to the rules of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by dunknown1 View Post
                  how the **** am i justifying?
                  Where does anything in my thread tries to justify what margarito did?
                  I'm just trying to make comparisons on two forms of cheating and how one is more accepted in the media's eyes.
                  So, think before you post!!!
                  no think before making dumbass threads..margo was busted..mosley been through the flames and was cleared

Comment

Originally posted by DUnknown1 View Post
                    Due to the recent controversy of Margarito wearing plaster wraps, all of his fights have come into question. However, Mosley has also been caught cheating with illegal substances and yet I haven't seen anything in the media that calls into question his previous fights before the DLH incident.
                    So, does the media have a double standard if a fighter is very well liked like the case of Sugar Shane?
                    the only standard is if you can win without cheating, when margo beats cotto's asss in the rematch no one will question that it was because of the hand wraps

Comment

Originally posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
                      he was cleared via lie detector..

Since when can a lie detector get you off the hook?

Comment

Working...
                      X